Patronuses and Caught

Graciela's POV

Micheal and I went to the D.A together. We had finally started work on Patronuses, which everybody had been very keen to practice. Harry kept reminding us, producing a Patronus in the middle of a brightly lit classroom when we are not under threat was very different from producing it when confronted by something like a Dementor.

"Oh, don't be such a killjoy" Cho tells him smiling brightly as her swan patronus. As it soar around the Room of Requirement. "They're so pretty" she states and I roll my eyes.

"They're not supposed to be pretty, they're supposed to protect you" Harry remind her. "What we really need is a boggart or something; that's how I learned, I had to conjure a Patronus while the boggart was pretending to be a Dementor" he states.

"But that would be really scary" Lavender states. As puffs of silver vapour out of the end of her wand. "And I still can't do it" she says with a pout. Neville was having trouble, too. His face was screwed up in concentration, but only feeble wisps of silver smoke issued from his wand tip.

My Bulldog Patronus is teasing Winter and her two pups. Who I had brought tonight. The pups kept trying to tackle it and they ran straight through it. Making me laugh. Micheal had made a patronus, it was a lion.

I notice Hermione had succeeded as an otter patronus swam around her. As she laughs in joy. A hare suddenly hops around the room. People ducked out of the way of it. It stops in front of Luna. Guess it's her's.

"You've got to think of something happy" Micheal tells Neville.

"I'm trying" Neville states.

"Try thinking of family, it was always Harry's strongest memory" I tell him. He nods his head.

"Harry, I think I'm doing it!" Seamus yells. Dean had brought him after the Quibbler article. Seamus believes Harry now and so does his mother. He signed his name on the list. "Look--ah--it's gone . . . but it was definitely something hairy, Harry!" he exclaims.

"They are sort of nice, aren't they?" Hermione asks smiling fondly at her own. Suddenly Ron produces a Jack Russel patronus. It ran away from him and knocked poor Neville over. I stifled a laugh as the twins helped him to his feet.

"They are" I agree as the pups chase Ron's patronus.

"At least they'll be tired" Micheal tells me. I nod my head in agreement. Suddenly the door of the Room of Requirement opened, and closed. We all look at it confused. We are all here, so who could of entered?

"Hi, Dobby!" I hear Harry say. I look to see it was Dobby. "What are you--What's wrong?" Harry asks him. I whistle and the pups run over to me.

"Harry Potter, sir" Dobby squeaks. "Harry Potter, sir . . . Dobby has come to warn you . . . but the house-elves have been warned not to tell" he stutters.

He ran head-first at the wall. Harry, who had some experience of Dobby s habits of self-punishment, made to seize him. But Dobby merely bounced off the stone, cushioned by his eight hats. Hermione and a few of the other girls let out squeaks of fear and sympathy.

"What's happened Dobby?" Harry asks him.

"Harry Potter . . . she" Dobby says and punches himself. Harry grabs both of his arms. I look at Micheal scared.

"Get the dogs out of here, now" I tell him.

"What about you?" he asks me.

"I'll be fine, go now" I tell him. He left with the dogs.

"Umbridge?" Harry asks Dobby horrified. "What about her? Dobby--she hasn't found out about this--about us--about the DA?" he asks him. He read the answer in the elf's stricken face. "Is she coming?" he asks.

"Yes Harry Potter, yes!" Dobby cries. Harry looks at all of us.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? RUN!" he shouts at us. The others all pelted towards the exit at once, forming a scrum at the door, then people burst through. Ginny grabs my hand and drags me from the room with Luna.

"What about Harry?!" I shout.

"Hermione and Ron are with him" Ginny assures me.

"Lets go to the library, it's not curfew yet" Luna tells us. We agree and ran to the library. We grab a table in between two aisles and sit down to catch our breathes.

"I hope Micheal got the dogs out" I state.

"I'm sure he did" Ginny assures me breathing heavily. "Oh no" she says. "It's the Inquisitorial Squad" she tells us.

"Try to slow your breathing" I tell them. We do so and Draco walks over.

"Hello Dursley" he sneers.

"Malfoy, can we help you?" I ask coolly.

"What are you three doing here?" he demands.

"I broke up with my boyfriend, they are distracting me" Ginny tells him. It wasn't a complete lie, she did break up with Dean. They started fighting after Christmas and broke up.

"I was telling her he must have nargles in his head" Luna states.

"Draco, we caught a couple!" Theo calls. "What about these three?" he asks.

"They're not out of breath, lets go" Draco grumbles disappointed. I smirk once his back was turned. He thought he could catch us, poor idiot.

"That was close" Ginny states.

"To close" I agree.

"Lets return to our common rooms" Luna suggests. Little did we know, we weren't safe. Umbridge had sent Pansy Parkinson into the room of requirement. Where she found the list of all the D.A members. I can't believe no one thought to burn it. We all received detention with Umbridge. Who is now headmaster because of the ministry, who drove Dumbledore away.

Micheal managed to get the dogs out though, which I was grateful for. I spoke to Hagrid about them, he promised if he left he'd take them all with him. Which would be safer then them staying here.

A/N

Gif above of Ron's patronus knocking Neville over and gif on the external link of Luna's hopping around the room.