First D. A. Meeting

Graciela's POV

So Umbridge banned school groups with her new educational decree. Only she could give permission to groups to continue club activities. Didn't affect my club as we're a secret. Just like the defense group. So both our groups are continuing on the down low. Anyway today is the first defense group meeting. We are meeting int he room of Requirement. Micheal and I arrive as they were discussing a name for our group.

"What about the Defense Association?" Micheal suggests.

"I like it and we can use D. A. for short. That way we can talk about it freely outside meets" Cho states.

"Yeah, the DA's good" I agree.

"Only let's make it stand for Dumbledore's Army, because that's the Ministry's worst fear, isn't it?" Ginny suggests. There was a good deal of appreciative murmuring and laughter at this. I smile as I rest my head on Micheal's shoulder.

"All in favour of the DA?" Hermione asks and we raise our hands. She counts. "That's a majority--motion passed!" she declares. She pinned the piece of parchment with all of their signatures on it on to the wall and wrote across the top in large letters: DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY. Before pinning it to the notice board.

"So what else did we miss?" Micheal asks.

"Harry was elected leader of the group" Hermione answers.

"Right, shall we get practicing then?" Harry asks us. "I was thinking, the first thing we should do is Expelliarmus, you know, the Disarming Charm. I know it's pretty basic but I've found it really useful" he states.

"Oh please" a hufflepuff drawls. I think his name was Zachary. "I don't think Expelliarmus is exactly going to help us against You-Know-Who, do you?" he asks.

"For your information, Harry has used it against Voldemort last year. And it saved his life" I snap. Zachary opened his mouth stupidly. The rest of the room was very quiet.

"But if you think it's beneath you, you can leave" Harry tells him. Zachary did not move. Nor did anybody else. "Ok, I reckon we should all divide into pairs and practice" Harry tells us.

"Partners?" Micheal asks me.

"Like you had to ask" I tell him smiling. The others pair up leaving Neville the odd one out. But Harry trains for him for awhile. Before leaving him with Hermione and Ron while he wondered the room. Correcting people.

Glancing around, I thought he had been right to suggest they practice the basics first. As there was a lot of shoddy spell work going on; many people were not succeeding in Disarming their opponents at all. But merely causing them to jump backwards a few paces or wince as their feeble spell whooshed over them.

"Expelliarmus" Micheal says disarming me. "Moody would be giving you a lecture right now" he says smirking. As he twirls my wand.

"Whatever, I won't lose focus again" I tell him as he tosses me my wand. We bow to each other and get back to practicing. Soon a whistle shrill fills the air. We all turn to look at Harry.

"That wasn't bad, but there's definite room for improvement" Harry tells us. "Let's try again" he adds. I smirk and disarm Micheal.

"Now who isn't being vigilant?" I ask smugly.

"Ha ha Gracie" he says sarcastically. I toss him his wand as Harry approaches us. "Your cousin is cheating" he tells him.

"Micheal started" I state.

"You both seem to be doing the spell really well" Harry praise us. "Keep up the good work" he tells us. Before going over to the next pair. Micheal and I get back to practicing.

(Time skip)

Harry blows his whistle again as I disarm Micheal. Everybody stopped shouting 'Expelliarmus' and the last couple of wands clattered to the floor. While I caught Micheal's and tossed it to him.

"Well, that was pretty good" Harry praises us all. "But we've overrun, we'd better leave it here. Same time, same place next week?" he asks us.

"Sooner!" Dean says loudly. Many people nodded in agreement.

"The Quidditch season's about to start, we need team practices too" Angelina reminds us.

"Let's say next Wednesday night, then" Harry tells us. We all agree. "We can decide on additional meetings then. Come on, we'd better get going" he states. He pulled out the Marauder's Map again and checked it carefully for signs of teachers on the seventh floor.

He let us all leave in threes and fours, watching their tiny dots anxiously to see that they returned safely to their dormitories. The Hufflepuffs to the basement corridor that also led to the kitchens; the Ravenclaws to a tower on the west side of the castle, and the Gryffindors along the corridor to the Fat Lady's portrait. Micheal and I left with Luna & Ginny.

When we reached the staircases. I hugged Micheal goodbye and he gave me a kiss goodnight. Before heading for his common room. Luna said goodbye to Ginny and I. Before heading for Ravenclaw tower. Ginny and I then returned to our common room. Where were greeted by our dogs. We did our homework before calling it a night.

A/N

Picture above of the list and picture on the external link of the current D. A. members.