Grim Defeat

Grace's POV

It's the day of the first quidditch match of the season. Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor, originally it was Slytherin vs Gryffindor. But the Slytherin Seeker Draco Malfoy arm is still hurt from when he insulted a hippogriff. Oliver isn't happy as he'd been training the team to go against Slytherin first. Not Hufflepuff.

Also the day before the match Snape took over Lupin's classes. He taught them all about werewolves and gave us all homework on them. Is he trying to get Lupin fired? Sure the staff know already and are ok with it. But some parents might not be thrilled with the idea and my fellow students might become afraid of him.

I stand beside Hermione with Ron on her other side as it's bucketing down with rain. The wind was so strong that it blew umbrellas out of peoples hands. There's also thunder. I'd much rather be inside curled up with Harry assuring me the storm will pass soon. But no there's a match today. So here I am standing close to Hermione with soundproof earmuffs on. Hardly able to see through the rain.

We watch as both teams mount their brooms and take off. The game began and I cheer for Gryffindor. Within five minutes both teams look completely soaked. During the match I would look at the score board and back at the field. I suddenly feel someone tap my shoulder and turn to see Micheal.

I give him a tight hug and he puts to my earmuffs. I take them off. "You can't hear anything with those on" he states.

"That's the point, I hate thunder" I tell him.

"I'll stay here with you until the match is over" he assures me.

"Ok, but I'm putting them back on when the match is over" I tell him. We then turn back to the match to see a time out had been called. I also notice Hermione no longer next to me and turn to Ron. "Where's Hermione?" I ask him.

"Said something about helping Harry's vision" he states shrugging. I nod my head and turn back toe field. As the match started up again. Hermione rejoined us as and Harry flew past us spotting the snitch.

"Go Harry!" we both shout as he disappears into the clouds followed by the other seeker. I decide to focus back on the other players. As I couldn't see through the storm clouds.

Cedric just appeared the snitch in hand and Hufflepuff was declared the winners. When suddenly I hear shouts of horror as everyone points to the sky. I look up to see someone falling through the clouds. "Harry!" I shout in horror as tears fill my eyes. Micheal pulled me into his arms and I bury my head in his chest.

"Aresto momentum" I hear Dumbledore say.

"Harry's ok, Dumbledore caught him with the spell" Micheal assures me.

"I need to see Harry" I tell him sniffling.

"I'll take you to the hospital wing, we'll meet him there" he tells me. I leave with him as he tries to shield us form the weather. We run inside and then to the hospital wing.

(Five minutes later)

Harry is brought in on a stretcher by Dumbledore. Micheal and I are made to wait outside while Madame Pomfrey treated Harry. When we were let back in I asked her how Harry was. "He'll be fine dear, nothing seriously wrong. He can leave once he wakes up and I ask him a few questions" she tells me smiling. She then leaves to go check on her other patients. As the Gryffindor team enter with Ron holding a wood in a blanket and Hermione beside him.

"Grace I have to go, I'll see you later" Micheal tells me.

"Of course and thanks for staying with me" I say smiling. I give him a hug and he leaves the hospital wing. "Where's Oliver?" I ask the team.

"In the change room still" Angelina states and I nod my head.

"Lucky the ground was so soft" Katie states.

"And that Professor Dumbledore used that spell" I add.

"He didn't even break his glasses" Hermione states and I smile. Suddenly Harry's eyes snap open. Fred ask him how he was as I sit next to my cousin hugging him close. But Harry asked us what happened.

"You fell off, must've been — what — fifty feet?" Fred asks George.

"We thought you died" Alicia states shaking.

"But the match, what happened? Are we doing a replay?" Harry asks. None of us said anything.

"Diggory got the Snitch, just after you fell. He didn't realize what had happened. When he looked back and saw you on the ground, he tried to call it off. Wanted a rematch. But they won fair and square...even Wood admits it" George explains.

"Where is Wood?" Harry asks.

"Still in the showers, we think he's trying to drown himself" Fred states.

"Then you and George need to go check on him after you leave here" I state. We then assured Harry that there is still a chance we could win the quidditch cup.  The team then left leaving Hermione, Ron and I with Harry. Hermione telling Harry how furious Dumbledore was with the dementors entering the castle grounds.

"Did anyone get my broom?" Harry suddenly asks.

"Well...when you fell off, it got blown away" Hermione tells him.

"And?" Harry asks prompting her to continue.

"Oh Harry, it hit the whomping willow" she states.

"Well, you know the Whomping Willow. It — it doesn't like being hit" Ron states. Then unfolds the blanket to reveal the broken broom. "Professor Flitwick handed it to me as we made our way here" he adds. I hugged Harry tighter and he return it.

A/N

Gif above of the crowd cheering and picture on the external link of Harry's broken broom.