CHAPTER 41

Avani enjoyed the view from the window seat of the flight, Ayaan looked at her and smiled. They both sat in business class, and their first destination was New Zealand. They got down the flight and Avani took a deep breath as they held hands and walked out off the airport to their hotel.

The next morning, Adarsh woke up next to Ridhi, both naked. She was sleeping peacefully, hugging him, he thought of how he changed so much in just some months and smiled. He slowly slid his fingers through her hair and tucked them behind her ears. He felt manly in front of his girl and really wanted to tell his mother about her.

He sat up and put on his clothes which he left in the living room before moving into her bed room.

He cleaned the place a little and locked her house and left back to his house. He drove back and reached his house by 6:45 in the morning.

He took his office bag out and locked the car door when reached. He walked through the gate of his house, just when he opened his house door, he saw his mother sitting there waiting for him. He looked at his mother, giving her a tight lipped smile and walked towards his room.

"Where were you the whole night?" She asked in a serious tone. "Don't be arrogant and walk away! Seriously! What happened to you Adu? You never went out friends, but then you suddenly went to a wedding, that too in Rajasthan! You never even touched alcohol, you came back completely drunk for a whole week last month! Where were you? I called the hospital and they told you weren't there." She asked as she stood up and stormed towards him angrily while gritting her teeth in annoyance.

Before Adarsh could answer anything, she continued, "Is there a girl you like? Even if you like... how can you stay at her house through the whole night! You didn't...before marriage...right??! Ayoo Rama Rama!!" She held her head and sat down dramatically jumping to conclusions. Just like any other typical orthodox south Indian mother, she was cautious enough not to use the word 'sex' in front of his son, who not to forget was a doctor.

"Amma, listen.." Adarsh approached to her slowly and sat down below her on the floor. "We didn't have se-"

"Ayye!! How dare you tell that word so loudly! Where is your shame?? This boy is gone!!" She scrunched her face to disgust while cringing and started again.

"That means all this is true!! You are not denying that you have a girl. Ayoo Shiva!! Gone!! What do you think your Aunty will tell?? What about our neighbors? And what do you think will be yours father's reaction?? Who is that girl? I want to meet her right away! She better be from a descent family!" She ordered and held her head back.

"Amma...listen to me...this is my life...our life...we.. don't need others approv-" he was cut off again by his mother.

"It will be your life when you stay alone! With this joint family, all our lives are one. Your aunts and uncles, your cousins and parents and grandparents... everybody share it!" She was reluctant.

"Amm-"

"Enough! Break up with her! Or tell her to meet me tomorrow. Now I get why you rejected Vidya's daughter. How can I tell I that its because you are liking some other girl? What will their reaction be? Just thinking about it itself is so embarrassing!

What did that girl do to you? She changed by adu! You were not like this before you met her.

Sakshi should listen to this. She will faint! And even if by chance Indu came to know no, she will be telling everyyyybody about this! The whole kula (dynasty/family ) will only come to know! And that Ramesh Chikkappa (Uncle) as well~" His mother made various dramatic hand movements explaining each of his aunt. She continued without stopping, mentioning everyone. She was exaggerating about what was going to happen in the future and was panicking for no reason.