CHAPTER 8

Encounter of a new fate- 4

Ridhi's POV:

Adarsh shot up at once and searched cotton for me. The nurse ran to me with the tray and handed some cotton to Adarsh.

Adarsh I lifted my shirt a bit and pressed the cotton against the deep cut. It pained more.

But after a little bleeding, the situation was under control. Adarsh opened up my dressing of the wound and sterilised it with the fluids brought by the nurse. He started to dress the wound freshly as the nurse smiled.

"Why did you just smile?" I asked confused. "You are lucky Miss. You are getting dressed by the Professor himself. Do you know how rare those small things happen? It has always been the interns or residents doing such things." She said yet smiling.

I broke out into a smile but straightened it as soon as I saw the nurse smiling at me. "Why did you have to move so much that your wound had to bleed again?" He asked me those words as if asking a child.

"I should have let you fallen?" I asked in my normal voice that sounded nothing like what people would expect from a woman. But inside I thought it myself, "I don't want you to get hurt."

Surprisingly he got intimidated by me which was not something I expected. He was so fucking sensitive. Had I known I would have tried to be more polite.

"Sorry." I said showing my hand in acceptance of my mistake of talking loud. I really told that. "And sorry for also causing trouble as soon as you got up." I told to him in a voice that sounded a little feminine. If not feminine at least less scary.

"Its...its okay" he said as he understood the effort I put in my voice. He smiled," It had to be redressed anyway."

I tried to look for time but realized that there was a wall clock attached to wall behind me. I twisted myself to look at the time when suddenly Adrash held my shoulders with his hands,"Dont move, your wound will worsen."

I suddenly could not hearing what he said as I slipped into my own world while staring at his big eyes. My heart skipped beats.

"The time is 8:07." The nurse said interrupting my imagination. "Take rest" , said Adrsh as he took his hands off me slowly.

He was really like a small little girl. Wrong metaphor, but it kind off suited him. Lively, delicate, shy, sensitive, cute....if he has an aura it would probably be in baby pink colour. I giggled to myself.

The nurse and Adarsh left the room. I lifted my shirt to look at the wound. It was very neatly dressed compared to the the last time an intern who did it 4 years ago when I had a cut in my thigh.

I washed my face with a bowl of water brought by the nurse. She soon left to bring me something, probably a new pair of clothes.

I was struggling to wash my face with my hair open. Just then Adarsh walked into my room. "I have to check your temperature for if you're having a fever yet", he said he placed the thermometer in my ear.

"It has reduced." He said as he kept it down and saw my face pleasingly.

I still trying to tuck my hair behind the ear decided to make a move. I started coyly," Actually....Adarsh..." I showed him a hair tie. "Could you please help me? Hm?"

"I can't lift my hand....If i do it pains" I said.
He took the hair tie and came nearly back. He tiedmy hair into a loose low pony tail as he left my fringes yet hanging in front of my face. I tucked them behind my ears and thanked him.

That day I understood that Adarsh was someone who couldn't say the word 'No'.
If he could, he would just tell the nurse to help me out....like rationally speaking, why would he help a more patient so much.
Holding my arm n sleeping next to me, dressing my wound personally n all...

He got a call from someone and he he left the room waving his hand to me. I broke into a smile. But after a moment I realised I was lonely again.

I don't hate being alone but I hated silence. My minded started to create noise to fill up the silent room as thoughts of yesterday popped up my mind.

I looked out of the window at morning sun that shined brightly and freshly like nothing happened.

I was no longer angry on Hiya. I just can't be angry for a long time but I do hold grudges. I got over yesterday's shot easily.

As I thought of Hiya, she exactly entered my room with some big covers in her hand.
_______________________________________________

Avani's POV:
(On the day she met Ridhi)

I walked out of the room sobbing. I went to the dustbin to remove n put my gloves and mask when I heard Dr.Adarsh from behind me, "Ms.Avani? May I speak to you about the patient? " He asked me.
"Yes sure." I said as I wiped my tears. We walked out of the ICU wards.

"Dr. Adarsh, how is she now? Is she alright?" I asked him concerned.

"She is not alright but since she has woken up she is totally out of danger. She might need to stay here in the hospital for next two weeks. And then she might need an entire month of rest at home." He said giving me hope.

"Doctor, I will come tomorrow agai- "
" I think the patient has been quite disturbed by the visit. I suggest you yo meet her after a few days." He said interrupting me.

"No Dr.Adarsh, she can't be angry for a long time. When I come to meet her tomorrow I am sure she will hug me." I told him convincingly.

"Okay but please be careful. If you want to bring her some home made food you are free to bring her some but the food should be light. She might like it. The nurse told me that she didn't really like the good here" He sides he gave a friendly smile.

"Ohh....yeah sure Dr.Adarsh. I will."I said in delighted. She used to love my food since college.

"By the way.... you can take Ridhi's belongings from the reception" he said as he left with the same smile. He was kind.

I went down to the reception where after signing something, I was given a tray that had Ridhi's things in it- her house keys, Aadhar Card (Indian Citizenship ID card), her Debit card, a hair tie, and her clothes that she wore when she entered the hospital.

"We actually tore her top in hurry as it was urgent, the rest of the her clothes are here." Said a staff as I took all of them to my hand and put them into a cover they gave.

I stopped at a nearby restaurant to have some food with the only 500 bill I brought with myself. As I ordered and sat down I started to think about Ridhi.

Just then a stranger came and sat in front of me at my table. I looked around to see of people were sharing tables due to space shortage but that was not the case. It was calm restaurant with no much people in there.

I saw front and found the man staring at me from his seat as he leaned back with his arms crossed. He had a bandage in his hand.
I quickly realized that he was the same man from before- the one I bumped into while rushing towards reception.

______________________________________________

Here you go!
Word count- 1307

Who do you think the who she bumped into is? Any guesses? Do you want us to reveal him in next chapter?

Please do vote and comment :)