CHAPTER 1

Echo of the past- 1

Location: Coasts of Padukere beach, Udupi (Karnataka)

AVANI'S POV:

"No, please.... Please don't hurt me! Aaah!" thud! I woke up shouting and panting from my dreadful nightmare or let's just say past. Damn! I forgot to take my sleeping pills even though I have been taking it continuously for seven years.

I usually sleep every night after popping one sleeping pill. And that's because I am suffering from Deep Depression since that terrifying night. Just thinking about that night gives me chills. That night made me the person I am today- boring and extremely introverted.

It's been few years since I've had a real conversation with a person. I talk very less with people mainly due to my trust issues. And don't even start about boys. Just even talk it out them makes me flinch.

I stay in a small cozy house with a single bedroom which is beside the beach. The waves and sea breeze always calmed my nerves.

I took my phone which was kept on the bed side to check the time. It was just quarter past four in the morning. I tossed and turned in my bed to sleep again but I couldn't.

I took a warm and soothing shower to calm my nerves and while shampooing my scalp, I started to think my schedule for the day hoping at least the rest of my day will go good.

Moving to Udupi was not at all easy even though it has been seven years, I still remember those days very vividly.

Although I got a job as intern to edit the newspapers 'Coastal times'. As an intern, it was hard at first as I had to not only cooperate with my harsh seniors but also because I had to work from home only.

I couldn't go to the office building or, infact, anywhere because of my PTSD's.

I had to go through a lot of pleading to request them for me to work from home itself. I was very good at my work and plus my office was in emergence of Editors. Therefore they accepted me with my conditions.

Every morning, as usual, I get mails from my manager to edit the articles. I mostly finish editing them by afternoon and have the evening for myself. I always spend it by sitting alone at the corner of the beach looking at the beautiful sunset and listening to the pleasant sound of the waves and wind. It helped me calm and cure myself.

I wore my clothes on after drying myself. And walked into the kitchen to get myself a cup of Fresh Filter coffee.

I sipped my coffee while sitting beside the window gazing at the small morning waves caused by the beach and winds. It has been my habit to do so from the time I moved here.

I received a notification on my laptop which laid on whole night on my desk. It was from my manager. Seeing that I gulped down my coffee and turned towards the clock. It showed seven.

There wasn't much of work today. And therefore I took it at ease.

I made myself a good breakfast- Omelet and Toast. I ate them as I was watching some random movie which popped up on the screen of my television.

I did the dishes and started sweeping the house for the day. By the time I completed my chores it was half past ten.

I finally sat down at my desk and opened my mail. It stated that-
"A young woman found unconscious due to being stabbed in the abdomen know one of the allies in Mullakad."

Just reading it gave me chills; thinking about that woman made me feel really sad.

I further looked into the depth of the article. My hands froze and startled, I started blinking rapidly as I looked at the picture of the woman, it was a familiar one. A really familiar one.

"Th-this c-ca-can't be ha-hap-happening" my hands shook uncontrollably in denial.

It was my Best friend- Ridhi.

___________________________________________

A/n-
Hope you liked the first chapter's part one.
Stay tuned for the next part as it will be published soon.

Please comment and vote :)