CHAPTER 30

3rd Person's POV:

3rd Person's POV:

She turned back and was shocked. Ayaan came and stood next to her. "Do you know him?" He asked at the man, who was smiling at Avani although she didn't have the same expression. Ayaan was confused with Avani's silence.

Avani stood there frozen in her place. As soon as she looked at him, a lone tear escaped from her left eye.

Avani was confused yet, she couldn't run away, her legs remained rooted in the same place. She felt Ayaan coming closer to her.

Nihaal Rajput. Aka the man who donated the highest amount to the orphanage.

Nihaal was the man who once she thought that he was her best friend. The man who broke her trust. The man who had stolen her first kiss. The man who was also called her cousin.

After almost 10 years, he looked more mature than he used to be. He was a year elder to her. He looked happy and confused seeing Avani in the charity event.

Nihaal was very happy looking at Avani after 10 long years. He liked her since the first day he met her. But she never acknowledged his feelings. Instead she used to treat him like a brother. He detested it.

As much as Avani tried running away from him, she was Petrified. She wanted to run away.

All those thoughts made her feel dizzy. Everything that was happening today was way too overwhelming her.

Ayaan looked at the man, aka one of his business associates, Nihaal Rajput. He was confused as he called Avani by the name called Hiya.

"How are you here, Hiya? And how have you been?" He asked as he looked into her eyes. She avoided eye contact. Oh no! What is he doing here? If he is here...then my father is here too? Oh no! He called me Hiya...What if Mr.Kashyap thinks I am some liar? Worse,What if Nihal asks why I changed my name...I haven't told anyone except Ridhi about this... its messed up!! I must not let these two meet for the time being.

She thought to herself, with her hands sweating.

Ayaan was still waiting for her to answer. "You must have been mistaken Mr.Nih-"
"Hi...Nihal, h...how are you here..?" Avani interrupted as she stammered.

Ayaan looked at her. Hiya? Did they know each other personally? What is he to her?
"You must be knowing each other for a long time.." he told expecting an explanation.
"I have been good. I have to go Nihal, meet you next time...,"Avani held Ayaan's hands and pulled him as she walked away with him. Nihal was expecting the same and stood there.

Nihal was Avani's childhood friend. Their parents had joint business together, they met each other on a daily basis. They grew up together and Avani was very friendly with him. But he liked her.

When they were of 17 years old, their families met for dinner one night. But Nihal and Avani left early to take a walk outside. As they walked, they talked about random things as best friends, but Nihal acted impulsively.