CHAPTER 26

3rd Person's POV:

Avani reached the hospital and walked herself to Ridhi's room. She barged into the room where Adarsh sat next to Ridhi. She saw Ridhi fast asleep while Adarsh, next to her, putting a wet towel on her forehead. Adarsh got startled for a second and composed himself.

"What happened to her?" She asked all concerned. "Did she get a fever again? " she asked as she slowly walked to Ridhi slowly. Meanwhile Adarsh looked angry and irritated.

"Ms.Avani, what do you talk to Ms.Ridhi about that she got fever again? This is the second time. I mean, you should be considering her health too...." Adarsh stood up at once with a cute angry expression on his face. Avani's eyes bulged out of its socket looking at him behaving angrily towards her.

Avani was surprised seeing him act that way. "I am sorry...but it was something I had to tell Ridhi at any cost. Moreover, I knew she couldn't handle it but she forced me to tell..." Avani said as she tried to be polite. She was rubbing her sweaty palms together.

"How are you her best friend if you tell her even after knowing it would be a problem in her health. You already know her health condition right?" Adarsh continued.

"Dr.Adarsh, are you questioning my sincerity? Just because you are dating doesn't mean you can interfere into us besties. Do not concern yourself into this." Avani tried her best to be polite and professional now.

"How can I not? I am her boyfriend." He blushed when he himself mentioned the word 'boyfriend'. He became serious again while Avani gave an expression like, "seriously??" seeing him shy.

"You should know better about her....I don't know what you told, but you probably could have lied. Look at her now...it hasn't even been many days since she got her second surgery." He told a bit politely this time as he looked towards Ridhi.

Avani though of that possibilities. But lying to her best friend was not an option and she wanted someone to listen to her without judging. Ridhi was the one. But, the timing she chose to tell her the truth was not good considering the fact that Ridhi's health was in risk.

Ridhi opened her eyes after hearing noises in her room. She looked at Avani and Adarsh's who were fighting for her in their own world not noticing Ridhi.

They both continued their argument. Ridhi kept her hands behind her head as she watched the entertainment starring her.

"I told you I am sorry, it wasn't even anyone's fault at the first place. I had to tell her something really important. You wouldn't understand about it so please don't get into this Dr.Adarsh." she told as she wanted to throw something at him. She was that much irritated.

"You don't understand about Ms.Ridhi's health. She is already so weak, she had to undergo so much bleeding and-"

"She is right." Ridhi interrupted. They both looked at her. She sat up and looked at both of them as she kept the wet towel away with one hand.

"She had to tell me something really important, don't blame her." Ridhi told looking at Adarsh. "But you are not well because of her again." He was irritated now, because his girlfriend was supporting her best friend instead of supporting him.

"She didn't sneeze on me. I got fever myself." Ridhi told as she widened her arms to him for a hug.

He was grumpy that she took her side; he pouted, dragged his feet totowards her and timidly gave her a hug.

"Hmm...I am yet here...." Avani told to Ridhi, interrupting them. "Adarsh, we need to talk to talk.." Ridhi told to Adarsh sweetly as she let him go.