CHAPTER 34

3rd PERSON'S POV:

"Ad..Adarsh...", Ridhi told as she wiped off her tears. "Adarsh was astounded, he put brushed his fingers through his thick mane of hair which was in his way to see her properly. He couldn't believe she was really there.

Adarsh's body had become a bit thin, his face was sullen. He looked miserable. He looked lifeless. Ridhi's heart pained for him. She regretted the voice of leaving him, but she had no other way of protecting him from those monsters who had zero amount of humanity in them. They wouldn't mind killing Adarsh because Ridhi left their gang hanging. She felt like slapping herself.

"How...have you been?" She asked as she took a step forward towards him. He widened his eyes, "Are you...really there?" Adarsh asked as he touched her cheeks and held her slightly grazed his thumb on her soft lips. He took his hand back, for he realized she was really there.

Adarsh walked close to her and put his head on her shoulder and hugged her tightly, his arms were wrapped around her waist like a leash, as his eyes teared up. He held her close to himself, he was still in doubt that she would disappear in the thin air if he let go of her, "I'm not okay...I don't want you to be either...." he told honestly. Ridhi, brushed her tender fingers through his hair, "I am... not good either..." she told without crying, inhaling his calming cologne.

He pulled his head back, looking into Ridhi's eyes and looked into Ridhi's eyes. "Can't we...get back together? I just...want.. to be with you..." he asked as he hugged her again. He needed to be close to her. He never was the clingy type, but the girl whom he had fallen over had turned his life completely opposite. She made him do the things that he never even dreamt of doing it.

Ridhi's eyes teared up again. She tried to push him back but her heart wouldn't let her do so, instead she pulled back from their hug and held his face which had light stubble, in her warm palm, "I can't-"

"You DON'T need to protect me! I don't think there can be anymore danger for us from anyone than from ourselves. It's us, who need to make up... I'm done being heartbroken and sappy! I can't let us be far anymore. You are mine and I'm yours. That is it" he interrupted her before she could even finish, he was fed up of being the weak and naïve one, held her shoulders assuring her. Although his words sounded a bit alpha, he said all that in a soft voice which could melt Ridhi easily.

Ridhi slowly hugged him back. "I am so sorry.... I'm..." she told as she hugged him more tightly. "Don't be..." He told giving a small smile.

"But..." Ridhi continued.

"What now?" Adarsh left her irritated.

"What happened to your hair?" Ridhi asked laughing. She brushed through his hair again smiling. He smiled back to her.

"I don't know? I was so shocked and saddened that you left me, I literally forgot what I used to do! I even became a disappointment in my family for one whole month! Goddamnit! What and all do you want me to do for you woman!" Adarsh groaned and glared at Ridhi playfully.

Ridhi really felt guilt flooding her thoughts more and more, she didn't know what to do"I'm sorr-" she was again interrupted.

"Woah woah! Stop there. It was just meant to by funny. And please stop apologizing to me" Adarsh told her as he slightly pecked Ridhi's cheeks making her cheeks go scarlet.

"So...are we good now...?" He asked in a low voice. Ridhi grabbed him by his collar and gave him a peck on his lips. He was surprised again. "There are people around..." he whispered to her. "Let them see" she winked an eye. "But Public Display of Affection is illegal in India. We shouldn't do it here." He replied. She made a face telling that she wouldn't give a shit about it.