CHAPTER 36

The next morning, Avani woke up with a splitting headache. She washed her face and walked down to the kitchen for a cup of strong coffee. As she went down the stairs, she saw her mom and her brother looking at different pieces of jewelry that were displayed all over the couch and table. She rolled her eyes at her mother's excitement.

"This is prettier. Look at this." Said her mother to her brother as they sat looking at different necklaces and earrings.

"Nah! That's too pretty for her. Go for that one." Her brother pointed out to another piece. Her mother hit him lightly with a smile. "Don't tease her."

"Do I look like I am?" Asked her brother with a a serious expression. Avani was fed up. She didn't care for anything anymore. She had decided that she would just go with the flow of her life. She went into the kitchen without talking. Not even bothering to spare a glance at her mother who was looking happily at her face.

She brought her cup of coffee and sat in the balcony. One of the workers came and called her, "Hiya, your mama is calling you."

"Okay aunty." She took her cup of tea with her to them. She pressed her fingers on her forehead. Her head was throbbing.

She went and sat down in front of them. "You are here? Come sit here. Look at these designs. They will suit your dress that we have ordered. I forgot to show you the designs. Wait...I have them on my phone. I'll show you." She spoke it all while Avani sat there silently.

She showed her beautiful pieces of lehengas. Avani sat there seeing them with no expression nor any happiness on her face. "This bitch is never satisfied." Her brother told and walked out of the room. Avani yet spoke nothing but her eyes followed him out. She wanted to kill him, but she sat there quietly sipping her coffee.

She looked back at her mother. Her mother still smiled as she showed her the designs. She got up and went to have her breakfast. "Hiya...wait....look at this.." her mom called. Selecting dresses reminded her of the time when he (Ayaan) did the same. Her eyes filled with tears. She walked out of the room, ignoring her mother calling her and slowly leaned to the wall.

On the other hand, it was 7 and Ridhi was worried about Avani. But there was nothing she could do. She called her back but Avani didn't answer it.

Ridhi kept her phone down and went to check on Adarsh who was sleeping soundly on the couch. She wasn't sure if she had to wake him, but did as he would be late for work.

"Adarsh...wake up..", she patted his face with both her hands and called sweetly to him. He turned around."Adarsh...you'll be late..." Ridhi told again. "Mmm.." Adarsh pulled his blanket and tucked it. He suddenly shot up scaring Ridhi. "Wait. Did I sleep here?" He asked her.
"Yes...but why are you..-"

"Ohh....did I...drool... Or snore....by any chance?" He asked with his hands covering his mouth. "No you didn't. Chill." Ridhi kissed him on his forehead and went to check on the kitchen.

Adarsh looked at her and smiled. He got up to freshen. "Where is the bathroom?" He asked her.

She showed her the bathroom and came back to the kitchen. She stood there opening the fridge door, trying to figure what could actually be made out of the small ingredients she had.

"2 onions. 4 eggs. Some milk. 1 big potato. 5 tomatoes. Some bread. What the fuck should I do?" She stood there wondering.

"What happened?" Adarsh asked as he wiped his washed face. "Any help?" He asked. He could clearly make it she couldn't cook properly. 
"I know to cook okay?" Ridhi told. "'I didn't tell anything." Adarsh told laughing. "I know to cook." He told her. "Just saying." He chuckled.