CHAPTER 2

Echo of the past-2

AVANI'S POV:

I went all the way to Manglore to see her. The article mentioned the name of the hospital so it was not hard to find her. I rushed into the hospital as soon as I reached and then into the reception. I panted as I was short of breath, "Ridhi..... Ridhi Patel...." I said forgetting my social anxiety totally.

"Ah... Yes, are you the guardian as no one has been registered as her guardian yet, why don't you sign it miss?" said the receptionist as she checked on something in the computer.

"can't I see her? How is she now?" I asked. A lot of questions swirled in my mind. "She's currently unconscious. There are chances she might be in coma. She is admitted in the ICU. Nurse Roopa shall lead you there" she said as the nurse guided me, "This way miss".

The nurse took me there and I was put a pair of gloves and a mask on before entering. As I walked into the room, I stared into her face which was mostly covered due to the oxygen mask.

The Doctor walked to talk to me about his patient's condition, "Hello mam, I am Dr. Adarsh, may I ask how you are related to the patient?" He told in a low voice probably trying to maintain silence.

"I am her best friend. What has happened? How did it happen? The reception told me that she was in coma. When did she get hurt?" I flooded my questions at once.

"Please calm down miss. She was admitted yesterday evening due to her stab in her abdomen. She had heavy blood loss as she was stabbed exactly in the descending aorta. We had to do a surgery to stop the blood loss. Her boss signed the papers for operation. She was critical; there are chances she might not wake up. But please don't loose hope." He explained.

I walked close to her with my eyes teared and touched her face "I am sorry. I'm really sorry. I am really really sorry Ridhi, I am extremely sorry" I cried breaking down slowly.

"Please do not spend much time here mam, I request you to leave the ICU in five minutes. Please fill out the paperwork, we will call you to inform her status" said the nurse. I was soon forced out.

I finished the paperwork and got into my car as I started to drive back home.

As soon as I reached home, I started to sob. I felt the deep guilt within myself, "only if I hadn't left her that day... She wouldn't have been in this condition" I cried myself out loudly as I fell down to the floor, blaming myself.

I spent a whole week hoping no bad news and in anxiety. Ridhi, she still hadn't woken up I had a headache ache due to all the crying. I laid curled up in my bed as I saw the waves come towards me through the window.
The roomwas cold, dye to the open window but my body did not want to walk
out of my bed and shut it.

It had been a week now since I had a proper meal or sleep. It was 9.30am when I finally received a call from the hospital.

___________________________________________

A/n- I know it's a short chapter, but there's twist in next part cuz its written in Ridhi's POV, let's see how she reacts when she gets to know what has happened when she was in coma.

If you liked the chapter, then please comment and vote.