CHAPTER 17

3rd person's POV:

Adarsh carried Ridhi with both his hands into the ICU while Ridhi kept moaning due to the pain. The nurse followed her with a tray full of medicines and other things. Avani followed both Adarsh who took her to her room and placed her delicately on the bed.

"Ultrasound! Fast", it was the first time the nurse saw concern over a patients in Adarsh's voice. Adarsh put his glouse on and unbutton 4 of Ridhi's hospital dress's button from the below.

"Ms.Avani, please wait outside." Adarsh told as he turned to the door where she stood, both waiting for the nurse to return.

The nurse brought the ultrasound. He took the machine to his hand and applied the gel on it and kept it against Ridhi's wound.
"As expected, there has been bleeding again. Vitals?" Adarsh told as he studied the monitor of the ultrasound.

"BP: 100/60, Oxygen: 96%" the nurse told as she waited next to Adarsh waiting for his command.

"In an hour, if the bleeding doesn't stop, she will have to undergo surgery. Monitor her." Adarsh told to as he looked at Ridhi who had passed out. "Her body yet has physical trauma...she should be careful." He told concerned. Meanwhile, his heartbeat was erratic and he was internally panicking.

Avani who was waiting outside all concerned turned towards Adarsh who walked out the room. Adarsh explained her about Ridhi's condition.

Avani teared up. "Why are you so reckless?" She scolded Ridhi in her mind."Can I go inside?" Avani asked Adarsh. "She will be unconscious for sometime. It's better if you don't go there....the nurse is monitoring her for now." He told in a low voice. His eyes were bloodshot due to the stress

Avani saw Ridhi whose face whivh looked deadly pale, she had an oxygen mask on it through the glass of the door. She sat at the reception all worried...she felt guilty for leaving her alone. By now tears were falling freely from her eyes.

Just then Ayaan and Dev entered the hospital...Ayaan had to get his hand checked by the Orthopedist. Ayaan was hoping to see Avani here as he met her her the first time.

Dev, Ayaan's Manager, went to the enquiry desk to ask about Ayaan's appointment. Ayaan looked around the reception; he spotted Avani sitting in a seat silently sobbing to herself. He couldn't believe himself at first.

He went and sat next to her. She flinched. He was wearing a mask; he was a celebrity. "Its me, Ayaan" he said in a soft voice. He pulled his mask down for a second. She realised it was him she wiped her tears, "Hello, Mr.Kashyap. How come you are here?" She tried her best to smile at him but faced miserably, her eyes started to tear up again. Ayaan noticed it, but didn't question about it.

He showed his injured hand. She understood he was here because of his hand.

"Where were you yesterday?"
"What happened to your hand?"
Both asked together.
"You first", told Ayaan while cracking a small smile.

"What happened to your hand? It looks bad." Avani told as she saw his hand.
"This...I got glass pieces there..." how told as he too looked at it. "Why? Are you concerned about me? Why are you concerned?" He told as he made puppy eyes and saw her.

She gave him a weird look for the puppy eyes. "Not concern....You held me from falling twice with that hand. I was just conce-, I mean wondering if it didn't hurt..." she told hesitantly. Her eyes were fixed on his wound.

He chuckled. "What about your hand?"

"You didn't answer m-"

"What about your hand?" He repeated.
He took her hands and saw it. The bandage was covered with turmeric powder, and many other cooking ingredients. Embarrassed, she pulled her hand back.
"Hey! I surely told you that I wouldn't eat your hand." He told as he took her hands again. Ayaan found her clumsiness very cute for some odd reason.

"I just got a little cut..." she told hesitantly.

"Is it? May be if I -"

"You asked me something too, what was it?" She interrupted him. He was going to kiss her hand but as she interrupted he realized that he was hasty about it again.

He had forgotten what he asked by now. What did I ask? He thought to himself.
Ohh yaa! "Where were you yesterday?" He asked her. His eyebrows were shot up to form a questioning face.

Avani's face formed into a frown, "How did you know? That I was not there?" She asked. He never thought of that answer. He can't tell her that he peeks into her window every then and now.
"Ahh...I just didn't see you anywhere.."
He lied like a pro. She didn't ask further.

"I had gone to my house back in Udupi...my friend is admitted here...so I have shortly come here to look after her." She told as she looked down.

"Does that mean you will go back?"

"Yeah...probably in a week or so..."

Ayaan was now dissapointed. His sadness showed up clearly.

"Why? Is something bothering you?" Avani asked.

"I..." he planned to tell her that he liked her, but stopped himself. Wait! She said probably...PROBABLY. I have chance.
"...am sad I will be losing a good friend." He told. She just shook her head with a small smile on her face.

But soon, they were engulfed in an awkward silence. Only the chatter of the people in hospital were heard. Avani felt Ayaan's gaze on her, she was squirming in her seat. She wasn't good at communicating with people, so she just sat there head bent while her hair fell like a curtain to shield her face from his burning gaze. She couldn't bring herself to look at his eyes.

But when she saw Ayaan's face, she saw anger in his eyes. Avani was very confused. All this time she felt his gaze on her but, the hard glare was fixed on something or let's just say someone.

Avani followed his glare and found some guy looking looking at her in a lustful manner. As soon as Avani looked at him, he winked at her and licked his lips. She shivered in disgust and turned towards Ayaan. Who would even try to flirt in hospital? She thought.

But, she found him standing. His hands were formed in a tight fist, veins in his arms were visible and his knuckles were turning white.

Meanwhile, When Ayaan and Avani were talking, his eyes were wandering around the hospital. He saw some guy looking at her in a lustful way, to tell he was angry would be an understatement.

Ayaan was already boiling with anger about the way he was looking at his girl. His hands were automatically formed into a fist which. His jaw was clenched tightly, while his veins in his neck was popping out.

When Ayaan saw the guy winking at Avani, that was the last straw. He immediately shot up from his seat and was about to punch the day lights out of the guy's face, his manager came and stood before him and Avani too shot up from her seat and looked at their faces.

As soon as Ayaan's eyes fell on the beauty that stood beside him, all the anger vanished into the thin air. He was about to talk to her but was interrupted by his manager. He growled in anger.

Avani heard him growl and looked at Ayaan and found him trying to calm his anger by taking deep breaths. Did he just growl? She thought, but nevertheless she didn't question him.

Dev called Ayaan once again. Ayaan just rolled his eyes irritatedly.

Ayaan then looked at Avani,"See you around..." he told as he gave a flirty smile and winked at her and left.
She didn't get a hint. She too, just smiled back him. But, she was baffled at his mood swings.

Ayaan suddenly remembered him acting like a caveman in frond of Avani, even Ayaan shocked himself when he went all protective over Avani for such a simple reason.

Ayaan who left, now thought to himself. Why was she crying? He understood that she was not ready to tell him anything yet. Now all he remembered was her looking at him with her cute eyes that were watery.
He smiled as he remembered that but he really wanted to know why she was crying.

He decided to give her time.

_______________________________________________

Word count: 1410

How's Mr. Possessive? Aka Ayaan. And what do you think will happen to Ridhi?

Please do vote and comment :)