CHAPTER 18

A/n: Before you start reading the story, We would like to announce that our story finally hit 1.05k! Thank you so much for your love and support <3
_______________________________________________

3rd person's POV:

Avani waited to hear news from Adarsh about Ridhi in the lobby after seeing Ayaan off in the Orthopedist. Soon a whole hour passed by.

Adarsh walked himself out of the ICU after checking Ridhi's condition. " It looks like we will have to operate on her. The bleeding has only increased." He told concerned.

"Is her...life in....danger?" Avani asked worried. "We will have to see about how much the bleeding is..." Adarsh told giving hope to Avani. "Call Professor Vinay for anesthesia and prepare an OR (operation room). We will go into surgery right now. Also inform 4st year resident Dr. Gupta for assistance." He told to the nurse who nodded and went away.

"She will be okay, right?" Avani asked.

"Don't worry Ms. Avani. The bleeding is not much. He body, with enough rest should recover from it quickly." He told as he assured himself and Avani. But their unease feelings were clearly shown on their faces.

Avani waited out of the OR. Soon the operation was done. She ran out to Adarsh as he came out removing his mask. "How did it go Dr.Adarsh?" She asked with anxiety written all over her face. "It was successful. We are moving her to the ICU now." He told with his iconic smile.

Relieved Avani sat on the chair leaving a big sigh. Adarsh was happy too. "She should wake up in some time." He told as gave a comfortable snuggle on his shoulders.

Avani went to the nearby restaurant for food. She had her suitcase with her; she directly came into the hospital after leaving from Udupi. She couldn't go home as the keys were with Ridhi.

She ordered some simple food. It was hard for her to eat the meal peacefully after so much. She didn't really have appetite. She carried her suitcase all the way with her and sat down in a table.

Avani remembered Ayaan. It was same restaurant were they first spoke to each other. She smiled and drank the water kept for her.

Ayaan who had finished his treatment walked into the very same restaurant hoping to see her. His heart started thumping as soon as he saw her sitting at a table sipping water. A smile automatically formed on his face.

"Dev, I don't know you. Go sit in in a different table." He told as he came and sat in front of Avani. Dev looked at him in a puzzled expression, "What a jerk he is....he ditched me for that girl who dint comb her hair." He thought to himself while grunting loudly and fetched himself a seat in another empty table.

Avani looked up in surprise. It was Ayaan still with his mask and cap on. "Is this Deja Vu?" She asked. He chuckled. "No, I am just hungry." He told as he showed her his bandage that was all new and white. Now she was more embarrassed of her yellow bandage.

He noticed her suitcase. "What's up with that suitcase?" He asked curiously.
"Ah..this, I am going to stay at my friends place for a week. The keys are with her and she had an emergency operation, so I am waiting for her to wake up." She told as she looked at the suitcase.

The waiter came and took Ayaan's order.

"When will she wake up? Is she badly ill?" He asked her."I dont know, maybe by evening or sooner, or later... but she is not badly ill, she had an accident. Why do you ask?" She told. She realized she was telling him too much.