CHAPTER 42

3rd PERON'S POV:

Adarsh and Ridhi sat in the restaurant filled with middle class families eating Dosa and Idli. "So I guess we cool now?" Ridhi asked raising her eyebrows as she held the steel tumbler in front if her. "Hmm..sorry.." Adarsh apologized. He was guilty of not understanding her.

"And... can't you remove your septum?" He asked her. "Nope...It pains..I guess I'll have to deal with it. What's your mother like?" She turned towards him.

"She is sweet and she pampered me a lot. She is very religious and devotional. She is also conservative.... I'm reminding you again, I told her that we didn't sleep together." He tried to explain to her. "And dont use the following words- Fuck, ass, bitch, sex, kiss, or even just hot. No bad words either and please don't put on your resting bitch face and do maintain a happy face!" He told as and both broke into a small laugh.

"She'll probably force you to break up or into marriage. We'll deal with that later. I apologize behalf of her if she is rude to you." He held her hand. Ridhi scrathed the back of her neck, corrected her hair and made sure she had a bindi on. She felt really uncomfortable wearing a churidar suit after many years.

Soon, his mother reached the place, she got out of an auto rickshaw and paid them, she walked into the hotel and Adarsh who saw her, waved from their seat. Ridhi got a little more nervous as she saw her.

She had long, thick, black hair that was braided with jasmine flowers on, she had vermilion in her forehead and wore a cotton saree with big borders and not to forget her hands which were covered green coloured glass bangles. She held a small vanity bag, in which she had fitted her purse and her button phone.

She came with a frown and sat down in front if Ridhi and Adarsh. "Hello Aunty, I am Ridhi Patel." She told with a small smile. Her mother was frightened to see her septum and maroon hair. Being fast, she could also see a hint of tattoo on her shoulder. She was utterly dissatisfied.

"Hello! I am Adarsh's mother. Katyayini Apte. My son told me about you, but it doesnt look like what he told me. What do you do?" She asked her.

"I am a Martial Arts Teacher."

"Oh god! Like fighting and all? A girl? Rama rama....So tell me, did you sleep together?" She came straight to the point. Adarsh choked on his own saliva as his cheeks were turned bright red in embarrassment. Ridhi bit her lower lip to contain herself from laughing.

Ridhi confidently answered. "No Aunty. We have only hugged." She told and smile at him. He too gave her an awkward smile for he was really bad at lying.

"Then where was he last night? Don't you dare lie." She told in a more scary way.

"He was with his friend. Then at morning, he got an emergency patient and had to go to hospital in the early morning. Isn't that right, Adarsh?" She asked as she gave him a sarcastic innocent smile.

"Ha? Ha...yea..yes..its right. I was with Raghu amma." He told.
"My son can't lie! Look at him! He is still nervous." His mom pointed out at Adsrh who was rubbing through his fingers. Ridhi kicked him from the bottom of the table. "What have you done to him?" She murmured.

"Then what about Rajasthan trip? Who was that friend of yours? You didn't have any friends except for Raghu! To whose wedding did you all the way from Karnataka to Rajasthan? And Raghu is from Mysore" She asked.

"Amma...I went to my Boss's wedding. It was compulsory to go, and so did my other colleagues." He tried to answer confidently.

"So...you weren't together?" She asked them.