CHAPTER 33

3rd PERSON'S POV:

"Yes, now reduce the flame and wait for 5 minutes." Avani instructed Ridhi through the video call. "Wait wait...okayy..." Ridhi told trying to control the flame. "It was about to burn.." she told and gave a sigh.

"You sighed? Like you won as arguement or something." Avani chuckled as she looked at Ridhi and her messy kitchen. "This ain't less than a fight." Ridhi told leaning against the kitchen slab. Cooking wasn't her thing. Tell her to kick someone, she would do it without breaking a drop of sweat.

'Ding' "Wait for a sec, dont increase the flame, have patience, I'll be right back." Avani told as she went to check the door. "Dont nag!" Ridhi shouted to her and continues to stir the mixture in the pot.

Ridhi sat there waiting for Avani, but instead of returning to call, her call got disconnected. "Hey, how can she hang up? What's after this?" Ridhi shouted to herself looking at her phone. She tried her phone again but it came busy.
"This is weird..." Ridhi told looking at her phone but she realized 5 minutes were over and turned towards the stove. She raised the lid to check if the vegetables had boiled. It was over cooked, but it was edible.

Avani went and opened the door, she was stunned to find her mother standing there. "What are you doing here?" She asked shocked but her mom just barged in. She shut the door loudly in a irritated manner.

"Mother! What are you doing here? How can you enter my house without my permission?" She followed her mom who had already comforted herself on the couch. She stood there crossing her arms and looking at her mother in an accusing way.

"I have something to talk with you. Can I get water?" She asked. Avani was very uncomfortable with her mom over, she gave her water and sat on the other end of the couch and started fidgeting her hands. "What brings you here?" She asked again as she cut Ridhi's call. 

Her mom sipped the water and kept the glass down. She looked at Avani. She stood up and walked directly into her bedroom. "Mom!" Avani shouted. "Sorry, I heard about your boyfriend from Nihaal. I thought he would be in your bedroom."

"What boyfriend? Who!..... Wait you aren't talking about AK are you? FYI, he is not my boyfriend" She told irritated. "So can you leave if it isn't anything important?"

"What? Its been 3 years since I last saw you, you haven't come home for almost 10 years. You want to leave already? I didn't know my only daughter could be this rude..." her mother looked down.

"When I was small, even I didn't know you could be that rude. You should have thought about your only daughter then. What made you suddenly realise that your daughter is still existing? You didn't care back then, why now?" She told standing up.

"How long are you going to bring it up? It's been so long now.." Her mom looked at her with tear filled eyes.

"Mom, how do I look?" Avani asked looking straight into her mother's eyes. She was fed up of her mother's emotional blackmail.

"You look beautiful. Why do you ask dear?" She told as she approached to touch her face. Avani backed off.

"Don't! Don't you touch me! I was just wondering if I looked like a push over to y'all. Please get out. Next time if we have to meet, let's meet in a cafe." Avani opened the door. Her mom felt humiliated.

"Get married." Her mom told with a stern voice without showing any emotion.

"I am not! I don't want to! And I dont want to talk about it either." Avani protested.

"Its your father's order. Your brothers scandal with that girl, and her committing suicide because of him... it's been 5 years to that now. He has the most shares in the company and therefore we lost many investors. It's your father's order to get you married with another company's boy." Her mom was still sitting. She was shocked to hear what her mother was telling.