53﹒⪩ 𝗌𝖾𝖺 𝗈𝖿 𝗅𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗇𝗌

After having a relaxing bath, full of laughter and stories, the girls decided to head back to their rooms to get ready for the night

After having a relaxing bath, full of laughter and stories, the girls decided to head back to their rooms to get ready for the night. Balsam Village not only was famous for its exotic architecture, or for having the best spa services in all Fiore. They were also famous for their majestic lantern show that happened once a year, where everyone and anyone could be part of it. Rose had never been part of one of those shows before but she remembered to always sit on the cliff near the old guild where she could see the show from afar. Even when it was far away and it wasn't as pretty as watching it from its original location, to Rose it was the most beautiful scene. The brunette would always stay up all night watching the show until the last lantern was out of her sight, it was going to be the first time she would witness the spectacle from up close and she was super excited about it.

Rose finished wrapping the last ribbon of her heels around her ankle and tied it on the back. The main door of the room opened, making the brunette look away from her feet toward the opening wooden door just to see a young girl with fair skin and long dark green hair rush into the room followed by Laxus. She smiled at them before paying attention to the little girl running towards her and received her with open arms.

"What are you doing here?" Rose quietly asked while tickling the girl between her legs drawing a soft laugh from her.

"I think she ran away from Bisca, found her wandering in the hallway." Laxus said while leaving the key on the night table next to their bed.

The brunette hummed. "Someone is going to be in trouble with her mom." She teased the little girl. "Especially for this..." She added, referring to the open box of strawberry pocky between the little girls' hands. "You shouldn't be eating sweets before dinner."

"Mama said I can come here." Asuka defended herself. "And Mister Laxus got it for me when we went to pick up your gift before coming here." She said while munching on her pocky.

"We'll see about that at dinner." Rose chuckled before looking up to Laxus. "Is that true?" She said with a tiny smile.

The bed deepened on her right side when Laxus took a seat next to her. "It was supposed to be a secret." He said, patting Asuka's head and giving her a fake glare which made the little girl giggle. "I guess there is no use for me to hide it anymore." The lightning dragon slayer said while taking out a small rectangular black box from his coat and looked at it for a moment. "Since you lost yours during the battle and well I thought of getting you another one..." He lifted the top part of the box and inside of it, there was a golden barrette in the shape of a crescent moon with three strings, one shorter than the other one, to match. Small crystals, one on the shorter one, up to three on the longer one, decorated the golden strings, and a crystal teardrop at the end of them. Laxus took the hair accessory out of the box and the crystals started to shine into a yellow light. Rose watched the barrette in awe especially when the crystals started to shift its light from a yellow to a white one when the accessory was between her and Laxus.