93﹒⪩ 𝖻𝗎𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖻𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍𝖾𝗋

On the other side of the world, things weren't as empty and quiet compared to the place Rose and Rai were locked in

On the other side of the world, things weren't as empty and quiet compared to the place Rose and Rai were locked in. One of the Spriggan 13 casted a spell all across the Southern front battlefield creating the illusion of already dead-mages, with their own personalities and memories in order to confront the people fighting to defend their home on his behalf. Each single one of the illusions shared a history with those people they were facing, a history that was sordid, full of love, friendship, family, betrayal and death. They had a big impact on the mages' lives, one that changed them to a point where they realized their mistakes and real potential, prompting them to become a better version of themselves.

While most of the mages confronted enemies from the past, some still had to deal with enemies from the present. Rue kicked Aella on the stomach, making the water mage laugh seeing the pain on her face. He moved with ease, avoiding the sharp feathers that were shot at him. After shooting down Rose and Rai, Rue didn't have a second to breathe when Dhamar and Aella started attacking him. The both of them witnessed how both the harpy and dragon slayer fell to their dismay. Anger and rage taking over their bodies to act first and think later. Rue had no interest in any of the harpies but entertained himself, just like a predator playing with its prey. The water mage put both of his hands facing each other - leaving room between them. He channeled his magic into the space between his hands and created a swirling tornado made of water that grew over time. Rue pointed the tornado towards Dhamar's flying figure before releasing it to his direction, making him fall to the ground not far from Aella.

"Why so persistent?" The water mage said while he walked with no care through the field. He stopped walking when he stood up right next to the young harpy's laying body. He stepped on her head with his right foot, putting some pressure on her head against the ground. "I thought you birds were pacifists, so I don't get why you have such hostility towards me."

Dhamar tried to get up off the ground when he heard Aella groaning with pain, but barely had the strength to keep himself awake. "Let her go..." He said. The only thoughts that ran in his head at that moment was that it was over for them. It was just stupid of himself to let his feelings take over his actions, forgetting of his duties as a royal guardian. Due to his mistake, he might lose both of the people he swore to protect on the same day.