88﹒⪩ 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍-𝗋𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗂𝗇𝗀

The town was unrecognizable, nothing looked like how Rose last walked those streets the morning she and Laxus left to see Porlyusica for his check-up

The town was unrecognizable, nothing looked like how Rose last walked those streets the morning she and Laxus left to see Porlyusica for his check-up. The state of how the city was was critical, as if a huge explosion took place while she was locked in a timeless place. The brunette couldn't help the skipping heartbeat taking place on her chest when she had sight of Kardia Cathedral - or what was left of it. The Thunder Legion were supposed to take post in that area but there was no trace of them. During war the results are unknown, the outcomes unpredictable and victory without losses was impossible - but Rose couldn't accept the possibility that her friends wouldn't be there for her anymore.

Her grip around her necklace tightened. On her way back to the guild, Rose tried to communicate with Warren to let him know her whereabouts and what happened to her but she couldn't reach out to them. There was also Laxus, she could communicate with him at any time but she had no idea of the situation, and distraction in battle can be the reason for losing them. Rose didn't want to be the cause of any mistake that not even magic could fix. All she could hope was that once she got to the guild she would be relieved and updated on what was happening at that moment before departing with Dhamar and Aella. Rose was given the task to stay with Bisca all time, but she couldn't risk the safety of everyone if he was going to be there.

"Dhamar, may I ask you something?" Rose quietly asked, getting the attention of the older harpy.

The man eyed the dragon slayer for a second in silence. Rose looked calm, and even questioned how she could be that way when taking into account what was happening, but it was easy to tell it was just a facade. "Every time you or Aella say those words, it makes me wonder why the two of you always think I have the answers to everything." He said before looking away from her.

"Older people are the wiser ones, and so far you have answered all my questions since I can remember." Aella responded to his comment, giggling when she heard the older man sigh in response. The young harpy turned to look at Rose with a wide smile, one that soon vanished when she noticed how down the dragon slayer was.

"I'm not old..." Dhamar trailed off under his breath, his attention turning toward the other girl when caught up on Aella's sudden change. The brunette's expression still remained the same - quiet screams of fear and worries. While Rose was staying with them, he had to put up with both of the girls' antics, each single one of them always bringing laughter to his ears. However, that time was different, Rose didn't let her lips twitch into a smile or even tried to hide her laughter out of respect for him. It was obvious that there was something bothering her. "What is it that you want to know?" He finally asked the brunette, accepting to answer her question.