72﹒⪩ 𝗆𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾𝗌

After the long days and nights of being so lonely, the pain finally faded away

After the long days and nights of being so lonely, the pain finally faded away. Rose thought she would always feel the knives in her body forever, the sharp blades slicing not only her sensitive flesh but her spirit. There were days that she wished she had died back there when she confronted Tartaros, maybe that way she wouldn't have suffered so much as she did. She went through a lot of pain, the emotional one being the hardest for her to live with, something that barely let her walk through the land. She felt so out of place, only another person occupying a space in the world - existing with mere will power.

Even when she felt that way, Rose still had a loving heart - something she was proud of. What she went through was something to completely break her in so many ways and she was proud to say that she survived it. She still had her idealism, she cherished the life of others as much as she learned to cherish her own. She still looked forward to becoming someone special to one person in particular. Rose understood what she did jeopardized her relationship with Laxus, and she would accept whatever happens between them. She would be happy as long as he was happy himself. However, there was only one thing she was certain, her heart wouldn't belong to anyone else but him. Rose loved a lot of people, but no one could ever replace the love she had for him.

The dual dragon slayer was sitting in bed with her back against the headboard in the guest bedroom. She played with her lacrima pendant that was hanging around her, the urge of calling someone or anyone important to her tickling her fingertips. When she was in such a dark place, just the memories of her friends, family and lover were enough to illuminate her world. They were her sunshine, the light that didn't allow her soul to drown in darkness. They were the same light that shone through her eyes, guiding her to a place where she could be safe.

Rose wanted to call someone, she just wanted to hear the voice of anyone, something that could reassure her that she wasn't alone in the world. The dragon slayer bit her bottom lip. There were a lot of people she could reach out to but she was scared to face most of them. After all the things they had done for her, she paid them by running away. And a simple apology wouldn't be enough to pay for the deeds of her crime.