83﹒⪩ 𝗅𝗈𝗒𝖺𝗅𝗍𝗒

Adjusting to her old life was slightly difficult for Rose, it wasn't hard but it still had its challenges

Adjusting to her old life was slightly difficult for Rose, it wasn't hard but it still had its challenges. Everything might seem normal for a lot of people but Rose couldn't take away the feeling that not everything was over. That conversation she previously had with Rai was still lingering on her head. She was happy that her life had returned to something normal but it still didn't feel quite right. Rose always lived in a constant fear of every time she had something good in her life, there was something or someone ready to take it away from her. She was afraid that whatever Rai was feeling was something or even someone getting closer not just for her but for everyone she cared about.

A pile of dusty books were dropped in front of her, making the brunette move her gaze away from the one she had on her hands. Rose rubbed her tired golden eyes under her white magic reading glasses with her hands. She had been trying to find answers to the last challenge Rai had given her but it was hard when she had no idea where to start.

"These are the last ones I could find about seals or emblems." Freed said while sitting on the chair across from her. "Do you know what is inside?" He questioned the dragon slayer with his blue eyes focused on the black box that was on the table.

"I just saw her putting two scrolls inside." She said while leaning back on her chair and removing her glasses. "After that she made me close my eyes so I didn't see what she did."

"And I'm guessing whatever she did is the key to opening it." He mused aloud before a sigh escaped his lips. "No clues were given?"

Rose shook her head. "She only said it was my last challenge from her." She said with a soft smile. "As simple as it looks it is the hardest she has given me so far." She added before putting her glasses back on.

"Have you tried using firepower?" Bickslow said while entering the living room, his magical dolls floating in the air behind him. "Maybe I can open it without burning my brain with those books."

"It's called investigating, and being careful. We don't want to destroy what is inside." Freed calmly said while taking a book in front of the pile he brought. "If the harpy went through all the trouble to make it impossible to open, those scrolls could be very important."