31﹒⪩ 𝖺 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗍

The soft music playing in the background, the sweet smell of the steamy tea sitting on top of the coffee table and the sounds of pages from a book being turned are the only things signaling that there were people in the apartment

The soft music playing in the background, the sweet smell of the steamy tea sitting on top of the coffee table and the sounds of pages from a book being turned are the only things signaling that there were people in the apartment. Rose was sitting criss-cross in the large black sofa enjoying her last night off before things got busy in the guild. She enjoyed spending most of her night in such a peaceful and calm environment even if things had slightly changed in her life for the past couple months. The change of environment - from a very loud to a very quiet one - could be a drastic change but at the same time it could be a satisfying one. Even if one of her favorite things was to spend as much time with the Connell family, Romeo, the Thunder Legion and especially Laxus, she still liked to go back to her old habits.

A sudden noise of something tapping against the window - coming from outside - made her golden eyes look away from the open book in her hands. She looked through her magic white glasses to the large window in front of her, the only thing she could see was the light coming from the building that was in front of her apartment. Ignoring the random noise, she slightly leaned forward to reach the dark blue cup of tea and held the warm cup with both of her hands letting the open book rest between her legs. She took a sip letting the warm liquid slip down her throat making the inside of her body warm up and feel more relaxed.

The noise came back once again - this time getting Rose's full attention. She held the cup with one hand while using the other one to move the book away, making sure she had put the bookmark in the right place. Rose stood up from the sofa and walked through her living room toward the window. She unlocked and slightly pushed it outwards just to be welcome by nothing but the lights illuminating the dark streets of Magnolia.

"I thought you'd never open the window." A familiar voice said, making the brunette look at her side. Sitting on the roof was a man with long, scraggly blue hair wearing a dark, high-collared cloak. He was looking ahead up to the starry sky while the cold wind softly moved the hair away from his eyes.

"Jella..." Rose quietly said his name, surprised to see him around. "I haven't seen you since the Grand Magic Games."

"I have been busy." He calmly said without looking away from the view above them.