74﹒⪩ 𝗐𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝖺𝗀𝖾

Rose ran through the halls while fixing her hair into a braid

Rose ran through the halls while fixing her hair into a braid. She overslept through the alarm she had set up the night before, she was supposed to be in the training ground half an hour ago. However, falling asleep late - while talking to Laxus until late and her body just recovering from the strong spell she was exposed to - didn't help at all. The brunette didn't know how she was going to face Rai, after everything she had done for her, the last thing she wanted was to make the harpy angry. Rose got out of the building, even when it was barely seven in the morning, she couldn't see the golden threats of morning light she was so used to seeing. After she decided to stay, the brunette never got the chance to adapt to the idea of living underground; she spent most of her time locked in a magical room away from the rest of the community. It was hard to tell whether it was day or night time, the only thing keeping her on the loop of time were the clocks she would see around.

The brunette arrived at the training ground that was located just behind Rai's properties. It looked a lot like an amphitheater but it wasn't as big as the one where the Grand Magic Games were held. The walls around it - giving it an oval shape - were made of travertine limestones, volcanic rocks and brick-faced concrete. However, the place itself was big enough to fit almost everyone in their kingdom in that place. Rose walked slowly inside while admiring the place with her golden eyes. She loved the harpies' town, its architecture being something that had taken her breath away when she first saw the place a year ago.

"You are late." A very serious tone of voice made Rose snap out of her trace while she bit her bottom lip when she made eye contact with Rai's stern looking ones.

"Sorry." Rose shyly said while slightly vowing down. "I overslept." She was embarrassed on the way Rai was looking at her.

A sigh escaped the harpy's lips. Rai was someone who always liked punctuality, finding it very efficient to manage her days specially when she had a lot of things to take care of. She was never one to walk away from her duties, she had a country of her own to run. However, she took responsibility for the dragon slayer, there was something that hundreds of years ago couldn't be cured or at least contained . Then Rose appeared at her doorsteps carrying the same problem. Rai felt like it was her responsibility to continue her mother's unfinished research, it not only would make her mother proud but it also would be an achievement for her kind. She did help the dragon slayer, but that didn't mean she succeeded. Rai still had doubts on the seal she used to contain the soul eaters, it was the first time she had done such a thing. Before she could let Rose decide what to do next to continue her life, she needed to have her in observation for a couple days. Probably until she can be sure that things were okay with the dragon slayer. "We must not waste any more time." She shortly said before giving her back to the brunette and started walking to the middle of the stadium.