73﹒⪩ 𝗅𝗈𝗌𝗍 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽

The laughter and cheering voices of everyone filled the lounge

The laughter and cheering voices of everyone filled the lounge. It had been a very eventful day in Blue Pegasus, one they felt like it was worth the celebration. However, even if on the outside they seemed to be enjoying the moment, some of the members were still in grief for the loss of one of their own. A glass of bourbon rested between his large hand, his blue/gray eyes admiring the neat brownish liquid sitting in the glass while listening to everyone having a good time. Laxus brought the glass of bourbon close to his lips, its sweet smell mixed with the sight of it, forming multiple pictures in his memory. The moments running through his mind were very nostalgic ones - his memories with Rose always keeping him warm from the storm raging inside of him.

Ever since Rose left that night, Laxus had been having a hard time adjusting to live a life without her next to him. He spent days and nights trying to search for her, trying to bring her back to him. As much as Laxus wanted to only remember the good things with her, sometimes that image of her when he last saw her still haunted his head. The look of fear in her golden eyes - and the pain she was going through - was something he never wanted to see on her ever again. Every time that image of her replayed in his head he always beat himself up for not being the strong person he believed he was. He wasn't strong enough to keep her around, or to reassure her that there was nothing to be afraid of. Laxus knew that Rose was somewhere, that he just needed to try harder to find her.

Once the brunette went missing, Laxus learned new things about her. Even during her absence, he still went to visit the Connell's every time he got some spare time on his hands. He would go and check on them and see if they needed anything just like he always did with the brunette. Laxus could tell that Rose's disappearance took a toll on them as much as it did to him. During his stay with them, Bisca would always tell things that the brunette always did in her early years in Fairy Tail, things that always made everyone at the table laugh. The woman always tried to lift everyone's spirits, proclaiming that Rose wouldn't like to see them so gloomy all the time. However, just like he would hear good things about the brunette, there were others that he wished he knew earlier.

Laxus closed his eyes before taking the last bit left from his drink. The strong flavor of vanilla, oak and caramel invading his taste buds and the warm feeling sliding down his throat was something he used to enjoy but not when his mind was still somewhere else. He rested the empty glass on the counter before getting his coat from the chair next to him. Laxus stood up from his chair, something that took the attention of the person taking care of the bar for the night.