6

The score was eight to nine. Lion boy was winning but I wasn't going to let him. I felt this competitiveness emerging from within me. This feeling reminds me of when I went wolf hunting with my dad one time. The adrenaline kicked in and I stabbed the wolf in the neck. But this time, I'm going to stab the lion in the chest.

Leona took the disk and ran quickly to the goal. I used my magic and prevented him from running, this magic lasted ten seconds. During those ten seconds I grabbed the disk and quickly ran. Using my magic, I used an arrow like magic to give the disk more force to shoot into the goal.

My feet felt as if they were sinking in the ground. Lion boy was using his magic to make the ground turn into sand. I was losing my balance and had little time to aim. I quickly aimed the arrow to the goal and shot.

As the disk flew fast a blur appeared out of nowhere and quickly threw the disk into Lion boy's goal. I lost. Now I was stuck in the sand, sad.

Lion boy had used his animal skills to win while I used my hunter skills for nothing. I was so close but yet...

"Tch, are you going to cry now? If so, you're not as tough as I thought you were." I look up (since my body was half way in the sand) to Lion boy.

"I'm not crying. I was just so close. If only I tried harder." I didn't notice before but Lion boy was actually pretty handsome. His rough fingers felt soft as I held on to him and got pulled out of the sand.

"You worked hard and you're pretty good. I'll let you join the team." I gasp in delight.

"Really? But I lost."

"You did. But you'll just probably annoy me for a rematch if I didn't." He wasn't wrong. There were many other clubs to join but during the match I knew that I wanted to join this team.

"I'm Y/n." I put my hand out for Lion boy to shake which he doesn't, "Leona Kingscholar."

I was then patted on the back a few times by some classmates who kept praising me and saying that no one was this close to beating Leona.

"Um," the little boy from earlier timidly walked up to me. Using my kindest voice I said, "Hey there little fella."

....

What the freak! I sound like I'm talking to a rabbit not a human. I'm an idiot.

"You're so cool, the way you used your magic and stuff. Do you think you could teach me? I'm Epel, by the way." This cute little Angel was asking me, his senpai, to help him. I couldn't refuse such a sweet little guy.

"Sure. When I have time I'll definitely teach you but right now I'm so tired I just want to go to sleep." I walked away from the field. The club was basically over already, the competition took longer than I thought.

As I was walking I noticed someone was following me. The little Angel was following me which I didn't mind but I don't know what he's really doing so I'm gonna ask.

I use my magic to make myself disappear. Epel came out from the bushes and looked around.

"Where'd she go?" He continued roaming around.

The invisibility spell would wear off soon. I came up behind Epel and as soon as the spell wore off I tapped on his shoulder.

"Ah! Oh, Y/n. You scared me."

"Why were you following me?" I ask.

"I-I... I wanna be just like you. I want to be strong! I see you in the halls and thought you were weak," I felt my pride get stabbed, "but after seeing you play against Leona-senpai I wanted to be like you."

I don't know what to say after that comment. Am I really this underestimated? I'm actually pretty strong, probably not as strong as some people but I am strong enough. Wait! He didn't even really explain why he followed me.

"Look kid. You can't just follow people like that. It's creepy. Also, I'm not planning to have a stalker just yet so listen, I'm just strong because I was born around men and women who are strong. Unknowingly, I must have also become strong. I come from a hunting tribe so I usually roam a lot while hunting and get strong from struggling prey."

I think about what I just said. Was that good enough, will be follow me?

I look at Epel and I only see his eyes sparkle in delight.

"Cool! I was also raised around strong people. Except I didn't come from a hunting tribe, I'm from an Apple farm. Not only that but no matter how hard I worked I couldn't become strong enough to beat my dorm leader. I want to become strong enough to defeat Vil-senpai."

Eh?

Vil?

"You know Vil?" I shouted.

"Of course. He's not only a strong and popular dorm leader at NRC but he's also a popular actor and model. He's super famous!" Epel said.

I feel even more stupid. I already forgot he was famous. My pilgrimage has won over the internet.

"Well, nice to know. See you later Epel, I'll be going now!" I head to the Hall of Mirrors. It's already 6, I hope Vil is at Pomfiore.

I should just give up life already, why am I still living like this?

I've been busy lately so I have been having writer's block for the next few chapters. I need to brainstorm!!! If you guys like this story please give it a star (your choice). I only hope you guys continue reading.