67

(Please play the song above)

The lights dimmed. The music starts. The spotlight on Vil only.

"If you brought a partner then please dance in the middle. This song is called 'So Close'."

"Y/n." That deep voice, Leona.

"Leona senpai..."

"Care to dance?" He seemed to be blushing. It wouldn't hurt to dance just once.

"Okay." I grabbed his hand. I didn't know how to dance but it seemed like Leona did. He surprised me by taking position and holding me close.

He whispered in my ear, "Don't worry. I'll make sure you won't look like a fool."

I blushed. Leona started out slowly for me. Eventually I did start getting the hang of it. For some reason my attention wasn't going to Leona but to Vil.

Vil's singing, how come it sounded so sad?

-

I could see Y/n dancing happily as I sung. This song was inspired from our relationship. I realized that even if I had everything it would never compare to Y/n. It was only a week yet it felt like we knew each other forever. The pain we both hid from each other. Now, I want to show my true self, I want Y/n to reveal their true self.

During these six months I realized that without Y/n, my world was incomplete. Even though I had the whole world it wasn't complete. I was so close to reaching that happy ending, almost believing that this ones not pretend. Now you're beside me and look how far we've come. So far, yet still so close.

Y/n, are you happy? Are you free? Please listen as I put all my heart into this song.

I should've never let my decision get in the way. I should've never let you break up with me. I shouldn't have caused you pain. I'm done with acting like everything's alright. I'll follow my true heart.

I remember our first kiss. In the stadium, backstage, where it was the two of us. I didn't really know at the time but I loved Y/n. That's why we're still connected. I can feel it.

I stopped singing as the music played. Y/n and Leona were dancing together and all eyes on them. Did they seem like a good couple? What could Leona give to Y/n? What could I give Y/n?

Even so, let me still see you because I'm so close.

-

"Y/n."

"Yes, Leona senpai."

"Remember I told you that I liked you. Well, I still do."

I didn't know what to do. How do I answer?

"Um... Leona."

"In fact, despite you ignoring me and focusing your attention on some place else. Even though you dated someone, I still liked you. Please, tell me the truth. Am I in your true heart?"

How could I answer that? Was Leona in my true heart? I never lied. What was in my true heart? What was a true heart? This feeling, no, there was no feeling. Nothing. I didn't love Leona, I loved...

"I'm sorry Leona. But... I still love him."

Leona looked at me, his eyes telling me about his pain. It hurt yet it was the right thing to do.

"I expected this. Yet why does it still hurt? Why do you look like you're hurt when you said it? Y/n, you are so confusing."

I put a small smile and said, "It hurts more when you have to say it. Even more when you know it was coming to this."

Leona twirled me around, "Then tell him you love him before it's too late."

"How?"

"... It just will."

The music ended and the lights turned on. I looked at the musician area but I didn't see Vil. Where was he? I need to find him. Tell him I love him.

"Y/n."

No. I can't be distracted. I need to find Vil.

"Y/n senpai."

"Hey Y/n!"

"Y/n-chan where are you going?"

"Y/n-san."

"Y/n."

"Y/n...

Go to him."

Yes, Rook, I will. My eyes gave him that kind of a look. He pointed to the door and mouthed the word outside.

I quickly walked out the mirror room and walked down the hall that headed to the garden. Vil, please be there, please wait for me. These shoes were slowing me down. I took them off and ran. I needed to get outside. There! I opened the doors to the outside and went to the garden. Where was he? There. The rose bushes.

"Vil!" Vil please answer.

"Vil! Where are you?"

"Y/n... I'm right here." I turned to look at the most beautiful sight on this planet. I was so happy, I was indescribable to mention this feeling.

"Vil. I-I." Don't hesitate Y/n. Tell him now before it's too late,

"I love you!"

I look at Vil and he seemed, not shocked but sad. No, happy. His face started overflowing with tears and so was mine. The emotions were overwhelming.

"I love you too." Vil said.

I was so relieved by his response. I ran to Vil and hugged him so hard that he told me to loosen my grip. This isn't some dream right? This is real. Yes, this was all real. Our true feelings. Our true hearts. This was reality but it felt like a dream.

"Vil, I love you. I'm sorry, I should've never broken up with you."

"It's okay Y/n. Without you I don't know what I'd do. Even with the whole world by my side it doesn't compare to you. Y/n, you are my world and I love you."

Vil leaned forward and so did I. Our lips touched and our bodies held on tight to one another. The world felt like everything was settling into place. It was because we were each other's world. A world where we'll explore everyday, help build and cherish, something that we would never get bored of. This time felt right, this felt true.

This was true love's kiss.

The End is another beginning.