68

It's been ten years already. I'm already so old and I haven't gotten married yet.

You know how people say to get married and have kids already, or to get over that person because they aren't real or you'll never see them. Well they're right but they're also wrong. I loved that person for years and it's impossible to let go after that. You're feelings still linger at that point in time and wonder if they're okay.

I've waited ten years for Vil. How much longer can I wait? If he proposed to me right here and right now I wouldn't hesitate to say yes. I guess because I'm that desperate to see him. But that's never going to happen.

After graduating NRC and doing Idia's family internship I got my degree to become a teacher. I'm now a teacher to Cheka, prince and future ruler of the Golden Savanna. I often see Leona and talk with him, surprisingly I don't get bored and it's not awkward. Every time Cheka and his dad bring up marriage they always point us out and say that we should just get married.

Leona and I both have our reason so although I'm not sure what Leona's reasons are exactly. My reason is because I'm waiting. For who? Vil.

He might have forgotten that promos but I haven't. During the night of our confession Vil promised me that he will still love me and one day, he'll find me and marry me. Honestly it was a dumb promise because now I don't even know what he's up to. I'm too busy to even know what's happening in his life.

"Y/n." It was Leona.

"Hey Leona! How's it going?"

"I'm tired. So, still waiting?"

"Waiting? Waiting for what?"

"Nothing. Never mind." If Leona was talking about that promise then yea. I was waiting but I'm starting to lose hope.

"You know how we both said we might never get married." Leona was starting this conversation, "Well, if you're done waiting will you marry me?"

"Are you okay? Did Ferena say something to you?"

"Y/n, why would you doubt it? I'm serious but I guess you aren't." Leona... he was serious. He was waiting for me still, after all these years. I sighed, "I'm sorry. I feel like I'm losing faith in our promise. It's been a decade and I can't hold on any longer, I'm scared."

"Don't be. I'm right behind and will catch you. If needed, I'll even walk you to his hand."

"Thanks Leona but I don't think that's possible. I'm literally confidential! I can't be exposed to the public or do a lot of things because I'm Cheka's tutor. I'm hidden so I don't think anyone will find in the snow or sand."

"..."

"Well! It's time for Cheka's math lesson. I'll see you later."

I believe Leona said something but I couldn't hear him. Whatever it was I'm sure he'll tell me later.

Tomorrow I have a day off! Yay! Tomorrow Cheka and Ferena will be busy setting up a party to celebrate a friend's retirement. This person must be pretty famous to be recognized by these two. I wonder who it is.

Leona and Cheka, even Ferena, asked me to come to the party. They never said who it was for. Maybe they did but I forgot but I'm pretty sure they didn't.

"Hey, what should I wear?"

"Sensei, you should wear this." Cheka pulled out a black dress.

"Um, maybe something else. We're not celebrating his funeral. Find something more lively."

Cheka continued to search for my outfit. Here in the Golden Savanna it didn't matter if you wore a dress or pantsuit. Sometimes men wore long robes that they looked like dresses and women wore a pants and a shirt professionally.

"Sensei how about this?" Cheka showed me a white shirt with a red thin striped coat and black pants. This seemed suitable enough.

This reminds me of that time I wore a skirt for Vil's video. Geez, that was so embarrassing.

"Thanks Cheka. Hey, you never told me who was retiring."

"I didn't. Oh, it's Erik Venue. He's a famous and a pretty old actor. My dad and him met a couple times and connected pretty well. I met him a couple times too, he's really nice and very good at acting. I heard he has a son around uncle Leona's age."

"That's nice. Okay now get out I have to change."

Cheka left and I changed. The outfit fitted me perfectly and seemed the right thing to wear at someone's retirement.

The following it was busier than usual. Cheka and Leona stayed with me until the party started and then would go off to sleep or see people. I usually never went to parties but they insisted that I go to this party. Since I didn't know what to do I did what any normal person would do at a party.

I grabbed a cup of wine and swirled it around acting like I was busy. I don't even drink wine often, I'll just put this back. Whoa!

Oops.

"You should really watch where you're going, luckily we're both wearing red." Hm... this man is.

"Erik Venue?"

"Yes, pleasure to meet you. I never met you but I've seen pictures."

"Pictures?"

"Oops, I mean, I met you from afar. Excuse me, I'm becoming much older and forget my manners. Your name is..."

"Y/n. Sir."

"Y/n. Yes, you're very nice." Why did I get a strange feeling he's seen me before I met him?

"Excuse me Y/n. I'll see you later."

I doubted it but I just shook and nodded my head agreeing. Just my luck! Well I've always been a klutz. Now I need to just try to get this small stain out.

I headed to the washroom and tried to get the stain out of my white suite. Whatever I'll just button my coat up. No one will notice, hopefully. I walked out of the washroom but as soon as I do I bump into someone again.

Ow, my butt. Seriously! Oh my... seriously.

"Hey watch it!"

Oh no. It was an evil dictator person.

"Sorry."

"Tch. Someone like you needs to be taught a lesson." I could feel the slap already but yet it never came. I opened my eyes and heard the man wince in pain.

"You're in my way. Also, this is a party aren't you worried your reputation will fall for hitting a random person. You've had to much to drink, go home."

I was too shocked to even say anything. He...

"I already told you before, don't just stand there and let those potatoes hurt you."

One more chapter!!