8

Out came from the shrubs was...

"Malleus? What are you doing here?" Rook was surprised to see the rare dragon here.

"I also heard the baby bird and thought to take it under my wing until morning. It seems you also had the same idea Hunt." The man who was a mystery, was certainly fond of birds.

"I see. I'm surprised that Roi du Thorns would come here at night to help a baby bird." Rook smiled in delight to know something new about his classmate.

"Indeed. Since you're already taking care of the bird then I guess I'll be going now. Good night Hunt." The dragon disappeared with fireflies leaving a sign of his appearance.

"Come on little birdy. Let's take you to a warmer place." As Rook was leaving he heard a snap, "Roi du Thorns?"

No one answered. Malleus had already left, who else would be here? Or was it just his imagination?

"Let's go." The monster finally appeared and Rook quickly grabbed his bow top stop the beast from eating him. The bow was trapped in his jaw so Room kicked the bow which made the monster fall back.

Running quickly to the mirror chamber, the monster caught up. Rook had no choice, he had to get past the beast in order to go back. Rook decided to run a different direction from the dorms. He would run to the coliseum for safety.

The beast ran after Rook. Rook put the baby bird in his hat to keep it safe and grabbed his bow and arrow. As he ran, he pulled back on his bow and...

Shoot!

The arrow missed the beast. Rook couldn't miss again. He only had three arrows with him. Rook has only two more chances. Pulling back the string and letting go, the arrow shot, missed the beast by a hair.

This was Rook's last chance, he then would have to use magic to defeat the beast which would be much more tiring. The arrow was steady, the bow was a bit wobbly, the target was locked. Rook pulled back the bow once again and shot.

The arrow had shot the beast in the arm.

Passing by, Jack was doing his night run, "Alright. That's all for today."

Shoot!

"Huh? Where did that come from?" Jack grabbed the arrow and ran to where the arrow was first shot at.

Jack saw Rook and the beast. In panic Jack ran to help Rook, "Rook-senpai!"

"Jack-kun! Don't come any closer! Head to the coliseum, I'll lead the beast there!" Rook yelled to Jack who quickly ran to the coliseum.

Jack had never seen a beast like the one chasing Rook before. It sharp claws, iron tail and golden spikes was different from any other beast.

Jack was in position, magic pen in hand and ready to strike the beast when Rook had come.

"Jack, wait for my signal!" Rook was only a few feet away from the coliseum.

The beast was nearby, the injury of the beast slowed it down so Rook was able to run far enough to reach the coliseum.

"Now!" Rook yelled. Jack used his magic pen and summoned a net to capture the beast. The net tangeled in the beast's iron fur, the were safe, for now.

Rook, panting in relief, was given some water from Jack.

"What is that thing?" Jack questioned the blonde.

"I don't know. It's not a creature I've seen before. We should probably make some more nets and rope so we can examine it." Rook said to Jack.

As soon as Rook said that the beast had clawed its way out of the net.

"Oh no!" Rook thinking last minute, threw the water bottle at the beast which the beast chomped.

The water had overflowed in the beast's mouth making it look like the beast was hungry and even more terrifying. The beast stepped softly and ran towards the two boys. Afraid, the quickly grabbed their magic pens and summoned...

A net!

The beast was captured!

"What are we going to do with the beast?" Jack asked Rook.

"I don't know. We can't just drag the beast right out of here. Neither can we leave it here." Rook thought silently what to do with the struggling beast, "I think we'll just have to watch over it for now. In the morning we can get a teacher to help us, for now, we'll take turns watching over the beast."

Jack grunted a yes. That night, the two boys watched over the beast while taking turns to fall asleep. The morning soon came and both of the boys were sleeping.

Rook opened his eyes, "Ah! The beast! Jack, wake up!"

Jack opened his eyes and also found the beast missing from the net, "Where did it go? We have to go warn the teacher!"

"Alright. You warn the teacher and I'll try to find the beast."

Jack ran to go find a teacher and Rook looked around the coliseum for any clues of the animal's whereabouts. The only clue was the claw marks from yesterday's struggle by the net. The net was shredded to pieces. How could such a huge beast leave no trail?

Rook was an expert at animals. He never expected to meet a beast dangerous and mysterious as this beast. He need to do research in case he meets the beast again.

Rook will never forget the colorful metal scales of the beast. The beast was actually quite beautiful. A horrible disgusting yet beautiful thing, it made Rook feel passionate.

"It's over here!"

It wasn't just the teacher that came over, it was the principal.

"Where is this beast?"

"Rook-senpai, tell them that there was a beast. It's just missing!" Jack was starting to panic a little inside, no one was going to believe him.

"I'm sorry Jack. But there is no beast." Jack stepped back from shock.

"Clean this mess up. You two are in big trouble for messing around like this." Principal Crowley left the coliseum after confirming the 'evidence'.

"Why did you say that?" Jack felt disappointed.

"I'm sorry. But there is no proof of the beast at all. Also, I have a feeling that's no ordinary beast."

"So what is it?"

"Come find me after school. We'll talk more later."

Rook walked away from the coliseum. Although Rook betrayed his junior, he felt like he did the right thing.

Picture of the beast

...

Hope you guys enjoyed the story so far. This chapter was definitely longer than the other chapters. I might make a Jamil x reader next. I have a great idea for it.

See you next chapter!