30

I know it sounds lame for someone my age to hang out with kids younger than me but its hard making friends. Ever since that Octainvinelle thing I stopped hanging out with Jade and started hanging out with Jack, Deuce, and Ace. I wonder what they're doing?

It's after school so I might just catch up with them at their club. Oh, I see them now, "Jack, Deuce!"

Their faces seemed shocked to see me, I bet since I didn't tell them. I run up to them and catch up, "You boys busy after track? I'm free later so if you guys need help with anything or are doing anything fun later make sure to tell me."

"Uh, sure." Jack said but Deuce gave him a little glare.

"Actually senpai I have to tell you something." Jack put his hand behind his neck unsure of whatever he was gonna tell me.

"What is it? I'm all ears and whatever it is I can handle."

Jack hesitated still, "Um, doesn't senpai have more friends your own age? I mean, um, isn't lame to hang out with all the time, shouldn't you spend time with your other friends?"

I felt an arrow pierce through my soul. I was basically told I was being too clingly by first years.

"We like having you around but I just want you to make friends your age, maybe you can ask Ace. I know Ace is very sociable, he might help you make new friends."

I am indirectly being told that I can't make friends and that I'm lonely and old. Why am I being told by first years? Am I really that lonely?

"But I could still use some extra hands during the star event later, I'm too busy with a lot of other things so could you help convince Idia-senpai." Deuce said. I was so busy lately that I totally forgot that the star event was tomorrow.

"Sure thing." I left all mopey. Maybe I'll make new friends while collecting stars.

--

A few hours later passed and I collected at least 20 stars so far, everyone already made their wish and it was pretty lame but I shouldn't really judge people if they can't study or work hard or pass a test. I didn't even make any friends either.

I also need to convince Idia-senpai about the star gazer event. I feel like a lot has piled on my plate for such simple tasks.

"Hello?" I shouted. It was so hot in Scarabia, luckily they opened the doors and a small cool breeze was enough to cool me down.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" A dark skinned male with dark eyes and dark hair said to me. He was like a dark beauty, he reminded me of a beautiful black horse you would see in the valleys or forest.

"Um, I'm Y/n and I'm here to collect star wishes from students." Why do I feel so unsure of myself?

"You aren't a star gazer though and you aren't even bothering to wear their uniform. Nice try but goodbye."

"Ah, wait! I'm not a star gazer but I was sent to help."

"I don't believe you. Those wishing stars you have there could've been plucked off the tree and used to trick me so you can hurt Kalim."

Kalim? What's this possessive, strange boy talking about?

"Jamil what's wrong?" Another dark skinned boy with white hair and red eyes had come towards our direction.

"This imposter was about to be leaving." I was about to be dragged but I went on my knees and I held onto the dark beauty's leg.

"I'm telling the truth. I was sent to get star wishes."

"Star wishes? Oh, right. The event. I totally forgot, I even forgot to make a wish. Let me go get my wishing star. Jamil, did you give them your wishing star yet, don't forgot to."

I was just saved by an angel. "Um, my name is Y/n. What's your name?"

"I'm Kalim Al-Asim, oldest son of the Al-Asim family." He's so friendly and so nice.

"This person here is Jamil, his family works for my family. Sorry if he scared you, he's just very protective of me since I've been harmed by strangers before."

What? Who would hurt such a harmless and wonderful person? Maybe he could be my new friend but not that Jamil guy or maybe. I'm running out of options in the friends department.

I follow Kalim into his room and its full of things I didn't even know this world had. It felt foreign and exotic, but lively and cheerful and a bit messy.

"Found it!" Kalim found his wishing star and held it tightly, "I wish... for everyone to be happy!"

The star glowed brightly, "That's a selfless wish. Why'd you wish for that, if you don't mind me asking."

"I just want everyone to be happy. If everyone is happy then I am happy." He really is an angel.

"I'm looking forward to the star gazer festival so keep up the good work, Y/n, right?"

"Yea. Thank you." I said a little shocked. Everyone I met today was a little harsh on me and their wishes were unlike Kalim's.

"Jamil you should make your wish." Jamil didn't look certain about saying his wish out loud.

"He doesn't have his wishing star so I think we'll go to his room to find it."

"I'll help!"

"Thank you Kalim but I think the two of us can find it. Besides who knows Jamil's room better than himself, I'm the star gazer helper and I just need his wishing star."

"Alright, it was nice meeting you Y/n." Kalim farewelled. I nodded my head and said goodbye. Jamil leaded me to his room where it was tidy and beautiful. As expected of a tidy room the wishing star was in a drawer.

"Let's get this over with. I wish... to be able to travel alone."

The star had glowed brightly. This wish seemed much different than Kalim's. Kalim's wish was selfless but Jamil's wish was selfish, but for good reasons.

"Do you wish to travel alone to have peace and quiet?" I asked.

"Yes. It can get too noisy at the dorm, not that it's bad but sometimes I need to be alone in a place where its quiet."

"That's a nice wish. Where I live its very quiet and peaceful. Everyone knows everyone so we are a bit careful around strangers. You should visit."

"I'll consider. I should start looking at travel brochures."

I laugh a little, "Alright then, goodbye Jamil."

I go around the rest of Scarabia to collect some more wishing stars and return to the wishing tree. I know it would be selfish making a second wish but I wish I could have a good friend.

I finally updated! Hope you didn't miss me too much. I just got back from vacation and it was so much fun but a lot of walking. Sadly I really only have this month to update because I still have places to visit so I won't update as much.

I will update when I have the time and will make a lot of chapter this week and next week for you guys to read. Thank you for reading!