45

"Oh my. Who's that?"

Many voices began to whisper and chatter. It was annoying and it was all Vil's fault! He made me more glowing than usual, this has been going on for a week, the reason why the beauty is still staying is because Vil threatened me with fancy tuna.

I stood out more than I wanted to. My glowing face, smooth hair, perfect figure -well, because I played Magift- and perfect everything, except my grades. I was shining. I went to Mr. Divus' class and had trouble with a lot of problems. Riddle was sick today so he couldn't help me, Jade was partnered with someone else and Science is the hardest subject for me, there's more math in here than math!

"Mr. Divus," Mr. Divus came up to me, "I need help. Do I use the x variable to multiply the 6 Joules I have or divide?"

"You have to divide since 'x' is already multiplied. Y/n I have to talk to you after class, alright? If you have any more questions I'll be at my desk." Mr. Divus quickly explained and walked away. I kind of stressed a little on what he wanted to talk about but relaxed as I focused more on the current task.

Class ended sooner than I thought and I was happy that this class ended. "Y/n," Mr. Divus called.

"You aren't doing so good in class. In group projects you do great but when it comes to independent work you don't do so well. I can give you extra work but the fastest way to get your grades up to an A would be participating in the Science Competition. The competition happens every year and will be held here, it's a competition between the best of magic schools and I'm sure you'll do great since this is a group project."

Mr. Divus have me the paper about the Science Competition. I knew I was doing bad in class but not this bad. I sighed and thanked him for the opportunity, I either had to do better or take the competition. I only had one option at this point and it was obvious.

"The Science Competition will be held at NRC. We need to do our best for this year's competition. We'll remake the poison apple from the story of The Queen. It'll be less deadly and have a different effect but it could be a great option. RSA has been winning the science fair with that love potion of theirs, typical. We need to step up." Mr. Divus had said a somewhat non-motivating speech. I didn't know potions, I didn't know anything about Science. How would I make a poison apple?

Vil was in the same club even though he took the cinematic club he took this club since he had the highest grades and was the best at potion making.

"Potions are like fashion. You need to match the clothes and look beautiful and be deadly." Vil said. Just wow.

"Um, I think we should do something else, something attainable like an enchanted rose. In my hometown we use magic to preserve our meats and other non perishable foods." I suggested but I don't believe they were listening. They were already planning the next phase of making the poisonous apple.

I needed to think of something that would make us stand on top but was easy for us to do rather than poison apples and non perishables. I got it! I'll make a transformation potion!

"Mr. Divus!" I tried getting his attention, "Vil?" None of them were in their own world and the other students in this club were Trey and Rook. They seemed to be in their own world as well. Being a second year sucked right now. If I could just prove that this potion could do something amazing we could win.

I looked around the room and swiped a book from the shelf, I took a picture of potions that looked like it could transform you or any object. I found a really interesting tart potion but it said that the effects of the potion were unknown.

After Science club ended, Vil took me back his dorm to help me some science homework. I went back to the Savanaclaw dorm when the clock struck eight o' clock. It was peaceful at night. I took out my phone and looked at the pictures I took from the book earlier.

I looked at the tart potion, it was so hard to resist in making but I knew I couldn't pull off something like this. I saw another potion where it can could grow your hair longer and faster. Another was about plants growing faster. One was where you could transform into a bird for thirty minutes. Another where you could become speechless for three days. I couldn't help myself and decided that I would attempt to make the tart potion. The book had some simple ingredients; a cloud of Columbus, a dark lizard, a hair of fiery locks and a sprinkle of ... sugar? Strange.

I searched all over the campus for a lizard. Ruggie gladly helped me after noticing that the lizards could make him a couple Madols. The cloud of Columbus was also hard to get. I had to swipe a broom from Magift to get a cloud. The hair of fiery locks, didn't really know what that meant so I said I would do Riddle's hair since I was 'bored' and took a fallen lock. I took some sugar from the cafeteria and brought all these ingredients to the science room.

I told Mr. Divus that I wanted to do some extra work and he let me use the classroom. He had to go help another student in the Garden so he left me unattended. I used this time to make my potion.

First, some water. Add the Columbus cloud. The water turned into an electric storm.

Next add the lizard. I added the moving serpent and white ashes rose from the cauldron.

A lock of fiery locks. I slowly added this one and the cauldron turned into hot lava.

Sugar was the last ingredient. I sprinkled some sugar in the cauldron but I accidentally spilled some on the table. I collected the sprinkles and heard a boom.

I fell on the floor. I looked around and saw the cauldron have a bubbly and gooey, green texture. I waved my hand over it, it's hot, my hand exclaimed. A big bubbly brew just for a tart? Where is it?

I looked around for tools that could've poked around to see if something was in there or mix it around. I saw this metal picker thingy laying around, for some reason, and used it to poke around and see if there was anything in there. I didn't feel anything until my pickers nudged me. Something had formed so I tried to grab it and instantly I felt the pickers pick up a little tart. The tart seemed more cake like and had a red jam in the center. The effects were unknown and I didn't know what would happen but...

Just this! Only one tart! I tried going around the cauldron to see if there was anymore but there was only one. I didn't want anyone to know I was brewing, not that the explosion helped, so I grabbed a bucket and water. The cauldron took me awhile to clean when I made the glob disappear with my magic. I continued to look at my tart and sighed.

What could this little this thing, this tart, do if I ate it? I couldn't just let anyone eat it. So I wrapped the tart up in a cloth and left the science room making sure I left no evidence of what I had done.

As I walked back to the dorms I thought of writing a letter to my parents and my siblings. But what would I write? That I'm failing science.

Dear Mom and Dad,

I've been doing good over here. I'm very happy now, my friends are all good people. About my secret... I told others about it, I hope you aren't mad. I have a very good friend, he's my best friend, Vil-senpai. He's very kind and you would like him. You would also think that he's too beautiful to be human. Vil will come meet you guys one day, but I think that'll be for another reason. Anyways! I'll be coming home in June for the celebration so don't worry. I love you!

-y/n

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting for so long. I had writers block and didn't know what to do for this chapter. Still don't know what I'm gonna do with this science thing, just wrote what came to mind.

Anyways! Today is a special day, it's your (maybe) favorite author's birthday!

Since I downloaded the Twisted wonderland app I received an early birthday gift since Eastern time is one day ahead Western time. I had Azul greet me and give me a 10 key pull which I might use for Riddle's birthday card. I couldn't get Ortho's. I will present the happy news soon!