55

"Dad I got a big role in my school play. But I'm the villain... I wanted to be the hero though."

"It's okay. A villain is a big role in the story, you have a very important role, more important than the hero's."

I kept this way of thinking. I knew that without a villain the story would never be possible. 

-

"Look, it's that bad guy. Let's get revenge for the hero!" Some chubby kid yelled.

I was ready to take them on but a little, well he wasn't so little, hybrid wolf boy came to my supposed rescue. I didn't need it though.

"My name is Jack!" He was pretty nice. He actually treated me well and had a good heart.

-

"Vil is such a perfect child for the antagonist role. He is the perfect villain." 

"What if Vil became the protagonist though?"

"If Vil was the main character it wouldn't suit him or the script. Vil has a villain look and villain feel, you know. That's why he's perfect."

That's right. I was perfect. Yet how come I was never the main lead? 

-

"AH!" An unlucky potato had to start trouble now. Ugh, people have no sense of, "I'm sorry."

"What out next time, okay?"

I would've never guessed that my life would've gotten a whole lot more complicated.

-

"I love Y/n."

"Are you sure?" Rook asked.

"Yes, I'm sure. Why?"

"It's just that you never seemed the type to fall in love with someone so opposite, so imperfect. Y/n isn't the most beautifulest person I've met."

I couldn't believe Rook said that, he was all about beauty and helping others perfecting beauty themselves. Y/n was that imperfect?

"Don't forget Vil. Y/n caused all of this, she caused your curse."

My curse? That's right, I had completely forgotten. I was just chasing after something that was out of reach and used Y/n. I wasted my time and had forgotten everything.

-

"That's impossible."

Y/n was right. I was never meant to be number one. I was always seen as a villain so I let myself get back into that villain role. Pushing away the only person who had ever stirred my heart.

Not only that but I was pushing away myself, the person I could've been and could still be. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Vil?"

Y/n... I opened my eyes and their they were. It felt like a dream but I soon came to my senses. The stage was a wreck, I felt like crap, and the whole team was exhausted. Luckily Malleus came and helped fixed the whole thing. Apparently Y/n and Malleus met when Y/n was talking about how scary gargoyles were but Malleus had explained the whole situation more.

I couldn't help but look at Malleus with a glare.

"Why don't we take a seat Y/n? I'm sure you would like to get a nice view." Malleus and Y/n walked away and soon enough the whole stadium was crowded with people. 

"Vil, are you okay?"

"Yea, I'm fine now." I smiled but when I looked at Rook again I felt something off, "Actually no. Do you remember when I came back from my trip and said I have feelings for Y/n?"

"Ah, yea."

"You said that Y/n wasn't the most beautifulest person, now that I think about it that was something you would never say."

"What? I didn't say that. I would never say that about Y/n, sure they're an unpolished gem but they have a lot of potential."

"You didn't? But I remember."

"Vil, you're memory is incredible and I believe you but I would never say that. Something bad may be happening without our knowing, I believe Y/n also has something to do with it."

"Now, presenting Night Raven College!"

"We'll talk about this later." I said to Rook and we both put smiles on our faces.

"Kowareru yona kagayaki wa keshite ageru~"

As we left the stage I felt myself stagger. I was exhausted and weak. This wasn't our best performance but we did our best. Now for the results.

-

The anticipation kept creeping up our backs, would we win, lose? I looked around the audience, were they choosing me or Niege?

Was Y/n choosing me?

That's when I realized that Y/n wasn't even next to Malleus anymore. It seems that Malleus noticed my eyes glancing his way and he smiled. He pointed at the empty seat and shrugged his shoulders. He didn't know where Y/n was. I shouldn't worry too much. After all of this madness I'll talk to Y/n.

"Now, the moment we've all been waiting for..."

This was the moment, was I going to win?

"Unbelievable! Only a one count difference! It's Royal Sword Academy! Night Raven lost by one point, wow, so close!"

"What?" My teammates and I yelled altogether. Niege on the other hand smiled and waved. Turns out that Rook gave the final judgement, he was right and I knew, our performance wasn't the best shape we would normally do. We were exhausted from my overblot and everything felt relieving and came crashing down.

"Wow, I'm finally on par with Vil-san. I'm so happy." By surprise, Niege hugged me. Despite how much I hated him and him winning I decided to show good sportsmanship by smiling back.

"Let's sing altogether everyone." Niege said and all together we sang the childish song, Hi Ho.

"Hi ho~ Hi ho~"

--

"You lied."

"I never lied. You're just so gullible and made my plan work so much better."

"Shut up! What are you trying to gain from all of this, Argor?"

"..."

"Answer me!"

"Hehehehe... I want you."

Mwhahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Yes, I wrote two chapters unexpectedly! Even I surprise myself sometimes. Anyways, hope you guys like this chapter and keep reading because I have the Science fair chapter and spoiler; they have chemistry together. No, not Vil and Y/n... Trey and Riddle. Just kidding! or am I?