16

"Silent Night?"

Many were confused about my unique magic. They kept asking; what does it do and how much magic does it take? It was annoying but I explained all in a big paragraph.

"Silent Night is my unique magic. It can cut off any magic depending on the amount used by the opponent. Most of the time, I have to touch the user if they're magic is powerful, like Leona's magic just now."

"Ooh. That's why you ran to Leona like a crazy lady." Ace said casually.

"Thanks," I said in a sarcastic tone, "But Silent Night isn't that powerful if I can't touch my opponent. Luckily I was able to stop Leona before anything serious happened."

"Not as easy as you think L/n." Principal Crowley came.

"Because of Savanaclaw's reckless behavior and Kingscholar's sudden overblot, I will have to eliminate Savanaclaw out of the competition." A sound of awe passed through the small crowd.

"Principal Crowley, wait. I know that Savanaclaw can't play because we did something that we shouldn't have but please, don't make the student suffer because of one student's mistake."

I could feel Leona's glare on me as he knew who that 'one student's mistake' was. But Crowley should, no, he must let us play.

"I'm afraid I can't. Kingscholar is in no condition to play."

Leona stood up and I helped him lean on me. Our height differences didn't make it easy but his arm leaning against me helped as he stood up.

"Who said I can't play? I'm ready."

Crowley sighed, "But you still broke school rules. When the competition is over be prepared for punishment."

Crowley left to get the stadium ready, a huge relief of happiness fell upon me.

"Leona, you aren't even ready to stand properly. Please rest, we can compete next time."

"No. You worked too hard to get here."

Me? But what about you? I ignored the fact that Leona had just said that I worked hard. He probably must be that tired to have said that but seeing as he's standing up strongly on his own is a good sign.

"Alright! Let's move out!"

-

The beginning of the Magift had passed. Crowley has said that because we had broken school rules we can only participate in the first round and not the next rounds. We did really well, even Leona, who immediately went to take a nap in the nurses office.

I was heading down to see him to check if he was alright. I didn't want Leona to get hurt again.

"Oof." I bumped into a familiar purple haired boy.

"Epel? What are you doing?"

"Shh. I'm sneaking in the team to join. Vil-senpai said that I couldn't join because I'm not ready but I am. Please don't tell him you saw me here."

"I won't. Good luck!" I left Epel to sneak his way to the stadium center.

Although Epel worked so hard and improved so much, why couldn't he play? It was probably because he was a first year and didn't have much skills developed yet but he had determination. I guess I should really judge the decision the dorm made.

The nurses office in the stadium was pretty far but it was tiring that I also wanted to take a rest. I enter the office and see Leona sleeping on the bed.

"Leona?" I whisper. His cute lion ears twitched as a sign that he heard me. I laugh a little seeing how cute his ears gesture was.

I pull up a chair and sit next to his bed. I brought some snacks earlier and since Leona's tired, he must be hungry after all that dramatic stuff. The food I bought was none other than meat related!

The smell of meat made it to Leona's nose and immediately woke up and grabbed one skewer of meat from my hand.

"Eh!" Seeing Leona move that fast just to eat meat surprised me.

"You must be really hungry. I didn't really know what else you would like so I brought different varieties of meat dishes." I drooled a little from the smell of meat. I was hungry and the vegetable side dishes looked good too.

Chomp!

"My meat! Leona!" Leona was already licking his lips from the taste of meat. He ate all of it in a second. My meat... I will avenge you.

"Just eat the vegetables." He pointed out the only thing left in my meal. I'm gonna starve. When I go home I won't even look like the plump, ripe chicken I was before.

I sadly eat the good flavored vegetables.

"Oji-tan!" A little fiery child jumps onto the Lion boy.

"Pwawawa!" Ruggie starts laughing. He startled me. I didn't know the others were in here.

"Oji-tan?" Jack and Deuce thought about what the kid had said.

"You're his uncle!" Shocked, they both were. I, on the other hand, had probably gone deaf.

"My name is Cheka! What's your name?" The little child asked me.

"Y/n."

"Oh. You must be oji-tan's friend. Oji-tan is very lonely whenever I see him most of the time, so please take care of my oji-tan when I'm gone." He's so cute.

"He's your nephew?" I question, just to make sure.

"He's my nephew." Leona said annoyed.

"So that means Cheka is next in line for the throne and not Leona." Ruggie pointed out.

"You aren't? Actually, never mind." Trying to understand why Leona wasn't in line was a bit obvious, he's a bit lazy, he wouldn't want to rule a kingdom if it meant being bothered all the time.

"Where are your bodyguards? Aren't they supposed to be with you?"

Cheka cutely answered, "I don't need my bodyguards. I have you to protect me."

I never heard such wholesome words come from a five year old in my entire life. Cheka is so cute.

"Y/n-nee will you take care of my uncle?"

I smile at the precious little lion boy, "Of course. I will make sure your uncle's safe and sound."

I almost had a heart attack when Cheka smiled at me. My life is complete now, no I mustn't die yet, I have to protect Leona on the orders of Cheka, the precious five year old!

"Just leave me be. I want to take a nap in peace." Leona pulled the covers over his head to ignore the bustling bodies.

What am I going to do with him?

Hope you guys enjoyed this part of the story. It was pretty much the end and a filler but we got to get more of Leona and a bit of Cheka since Leona will be a big part in our story.

Also, I hope you guys understand that our unique magic is a magic muter, meaning that we can stop any magic. Depending on the amount of mana your opponent is using, the more you have to use mana to stop it.

Another thing, Vil is coming soon. More book time on Vil now.