43

I woke up and felt my hands a bit heavy. I saw loose ropes around my wrists and ankles and one around my neck. There was also a net on me? I get all this stuff off of me and look around. I was in a shiny room?

This. I'm getting confused. Last thing I remembered was falling asleep after defeating Jamil. Maybe, did I transform? That's right, it was a full moon yesterday! How did I end up here though, and why? Was I tied up and to be interrogated and fess up about my secret?!

Oh no. I walk off the pile of gold and trip over a long... a long... long... leg! Jade was sleeping here! Did he see me? Oh no!

"Hmm.." Oh shoot! I woke him! I scrabbled around and was panicking. What did I do? What should I do?

"Y/n?" Jade said and I froze. Oh no. I turn to face Jade's morning face. Guess I have to explain what he saw.

"Y/n, you. What happened to you?" Was all he could manage to get out. I have to tell him and hopefully he doesn't betray me.

"You promise to not tell anyone! And I mean anyone and everyone even in life or death."

"I promise. And trust me I will not break this promise no matter how dangerous or tortuous something bad may happen to me." Jade vowed.

"Ok. Well... I'm a beast. I can transform into a beast whenever there is a full moon. I don't know why it happens but it happens in my family. For years it's been like this. I also go pretty feral when I'm in my beast form."

Jade didn't respond for a few seconds. He didn't seem shocked or anything which wasn't normal, in fact it seemed that he understood the situation.

"Don't worry I'll keep this a secret. Is this beast thing the other reason why Vil was cursed?"

I nodded my head, "An old classmate of mine wanted to use my beast form for bad reasons and so I left. He did come back and misinterpreted Vil and there's nothing I can do about it. Only Vil can break his own curse by showing the world his beauty inside and out. I know this is all my fault and I'm trying to find out how I can fix this."

I put my hands in my hair and pull my hair to relieve the stress I felt. Now that I think about it, Jade didn't have a normal reaction and he didn't seem indifferent about me either. Seems fishy.

"Jade, why do you react like that when I told you? I mean, are you not shocked? And why do you so desperately want to be my friend?" I just straight out said.

"At first I was shocked, seeing you turn into a beast before my very eyes is something you don't see or expect everyday. Besides, humans also have reactions when they see me in my true form. It's fun but it also, in truth hurt to know that they saw me differently when I was in my true form rather than human form." I nodded my head. I understand, being different and being treated differently when people know the real you kind of hurts. But it's good to know who are are your true best friends.

"As for why I want to be your friend. It was because you were different in a way. When we first met you seemed interesting and different. You were so unpredictable that it made me have something more than just Floyd. You were amazing." Jade confessed. I blushed at his words.

He found me interesting. He found me different. He found me unpredictable. And he found me good in all these ways.

"Jade, I accept your apology." Jade smiled as he knew he has his chance to prove that he and I can be best friends.

"This is good. Oh, I wonder what we should do together. I can't wait to do all sorts of fun things that friends do. I hear humans like to 'hang out' with one another often to grow bonds. We do that too in the ocean but you guys do it much differently, I can't wait to see what we can do." Jade said excitedly probably thinking what kind of activities he wanted to do when he became human.

"I think we can do those later. Meanwhile we have to clean up." Jade agreed and we walked back to the dorm and cleaned up the broken up dorm.

The dorm was a mess but we did simple repair spells on the major damage and fixed the rest by hand. When we finished cleaning we heard a knock on the door. I opened the door to find Azul and Floyd.

"Where have you guys been? We're getting ready to go to the party." Azul said.

"Party?" I said confused.

"Yes, you were asleep but Kalim wanted to have a party for working so hard this week for winter break." Azul ushered us to get out and go to the parade. We all walked to the oasis and there we celebrated the break being over.

"Y/n!!!!!!!!" I hear from a distance. Those figures look familiar. Is that.... Ace and Deuce?

"Y/n!!!" They ran over to me and were out of breath. They finally had caught their breath after a few seconds, "We got your text, we came here as fast as we could."

"My text?" They nodded their heads and I open my phone to see it wasn't Vil who I texted but these two.

"Oh, well. Everything's good now. But why'd you guys take so long?"

"Because! We had to take a bus, then a train, then another bus, then another train, and then another bus and then a boat. Without the magic mirror we can't transport that easily back here." Ace exclaimed.

"Oh, more guest. Feel free to have drinks and food." Kalim said cheerfully when he saw Ace and Deuce. The two nodded their heads and we headed to the feast.

I take my phone out and texted Vil.

Maybe next time we can enjoy winter break together. Happy Holidays!

I smile and send a selfie of me and the boys at the party.

"Haha. They really don't know how to take selfie's."

I'm am so done with traveling for the next year! My bottom is sore and I'm not even done just yet. I still got a few more days to go of traveling and I'm tired.

Sorry guys but I'm gonna be lazy for a couple of days if I got nothing better to do. Thanks for reading.