11

3rd person POV

After school, Jack had done what Rook said earlier that day. He went to the library and met the tall French man. Was he French? Jack shook off the idea, he focused on the real question here which was, what was that beast?

"You came. I have already gathered some books on books already, go ahead and search some books on your own." Rook said.

Rook had gathered a few books that already made a pile. Despite Rook knowing all types of animals and beasts and creatures, he didn't know what this metal looking beast was. All beasts had there own scales and own design, maybe this beast was a mix or an undiscovered beast.

"Rook-senpai, I found a picture similar to the beast." Jack pointed at a picture with a monster with jagged lines.

" Jack pointed at a picture with a monster with jagged lines

(Picture from Boruto)

Rook was stunned at the picture.

"Amazing! Who did this portrait? I must know if they have seen this beast!"

"Actually senpai it's a vandalism. But it's signed right here by... Ace..." Jack read at the small letters underneath the monster.

"Ace? I believe he is in Heartslabyul dorm. We should go find him and ask him about this picture." Rook said. He seemed very determined to catch the tricky boy.

Rook and Jack met some Heartslabyul students to ask where Ace was and many said that he was at basketball practice. The two tall figures moved their way to the basketball court in the gym.

"Is there an Ace here?" Rook asked the basketball team. Only one boy stood out, "Yea, what do you want?"

"We were wondering about this doodle you drew right here in this book." Ace gulped, "Oh, well, I was bored so I accidentally drew that. Please just let me off the hook."

"You're not in trouble monsieur, we are just asking if you drew this beast. Seeing as you did do you mind to tell us why your beast looks like this?"

"Uhh, sure. I was just bored. Nothing special about this little guy but if that's all then I'll catch ya later." Ace went back to play basketball but Rook and Jack were curious as to why he would draw a monster that looked just like that beast.

"I guess that's all we have for today. The beast surely must be a new discovery since no one has ever seen its existence before. How about later tonight or maybe a few days from now we can set camp near the coliseum and see if the beast is there." Rook suggested the idea but Jack had other things to do that day and decided to bring some books home with him.

Rook continued to stay in the library until a staff member came in and warned him of the time.

"Goodness, how time has passed." Rook took some books with him back to the dorm. He yawned, he was tired from doing so much research and didn't even have time to look through his favorite book.

"Oh, there you are Rook?" Vil appeared in front of Rook, "You didn't answer when I called you and started getting worried."

"Ah, my beautiful Vil! Sorry to have worried you. I was just doing some research."

"Research? For what?" Vil looked at the books Rook was holding.

"Nothing you need to worry about. It's almost past curfew so we should head back." Vil and Rook walked back to Pomfiore together.

Back at the dorm, Vil invited Rook to his room. As Rook looked around the room he saw one thing that stood out, a rose.

"Say, beautiful Vil, where did you get this rose from?"

Vil turned around and saw the object Rook was holding, "I got it from that one transfer student. I don't remember their name but I did help them so in return they gave me a rose. It would be a waste to throw it away so I kept it. I just haven't had the time to take care of it."

Rook nodded his head and put the rose back down. Rook helped Vil tidy his room since Vil had been so busy that his room gathered specks of dust in the most important places.

"Rook..." Rook turned his head in Vil's direction, "The student that gave me the rose was able to come in the dorm and find where my room was. Don't you think that's suspicious? I told everyone that if I had someone visit me they would have to go in the main room, yet for some reason this student found my room exactly."

"Maybe some student accidentally leaked some information. Seeing that the student has never come back and no fan has tried to follow you here means that your safe. Please don't worry so much, it'll make you less beautiful." Rook said worriedly about Vil's beautiful face.

Although, Vil wasn't sure why he panicked a little that someone found his room. Rook eventually took his leave and headed to his room. Vil was tired and needed a good night's rest. As he sat on his bed he looked at the rose on his bedside table. Vil grabbed the rose and threw it out the window.

"Roses... I should get a dozen roses. More than Niege."

-

A hand had saw the fallen everlasting rose and grabbed it. Such a beautiful rose, sad it was never even given a chance.