61

"Hello everyone, my name is Y/n L/n and I attend Night Raven College. For our science project we decided on a topic which people rarely understand and never touch, overblots. Our hypothesis was, if magic crystals create overblots then they must be related to the amount of magic that we have.
"Overblots happen when you use too much magic making your magic crystal turn dark. If the magic crystal turns black then the overblot happens. But to explain this phenomenon, why and how? To put it simply the user is connected to their magic crystal which explains why a magic pen can transform into a magic wand or staff that matches your personality. If a user is happy or normal the magic crystal is stable and looks very clear."

I hold out my magic pen to show the audience. My magic crystal was shining bright and clear despite me being nervous, but now that I'm here getting it over with I wasn't so nervous anymore. I could do this.

"When the user has a bad or negative energy they can turn the crystal into a dark color and make a black crystal."

I tried thinking about negative thoughts, very painful and sad thoughts and my crystal turned into a darker color. The crowd was amazed to see that the magic crystal was actually changing.

"How do we stop this? We can't. It's like saying that we should always make magic user happy all the time just so they won't overblot. You can't possibly make everyone happy all the time. Magic users have feelings and emotions which explain why the magic crystal changes colors. Magic and emotions are related to one another and that is a fact. So we were wrong. Magic does make one overblot but it is emotions that control the magic you have. Being happy, sad, angry, upset, these emotions control the magic we have and that is why, even if we try to stop overblots it would not be possible but that doesn't mean it's impossible either. Magic crystals are just another way to channel the emotions we have through magic. Having strong emotions make magic.
"At Night Raven College we studied 100 students; 25 being freshmen, 25 being sophomores; 25 being juniors and 25 being seniors. Freshmen had the least amount of magic as expected because they did not have motivation or study and such. Same for all the other grades. But when we asked freshmen what made them so passionate or what they loved the most there magic had evolved to even a seniors highest magic level.
"You see, magic and emotions are connected. The Shroud family who is in charge of overblots and a major study case of overblots have researched so far that overblots are a natural cause because a magic crystal is being overused. Meaning that a person's emotions pour out the most when in overblot which makes them very powerful and dangerous. Not to worry because just like every emotion it dies down after a bit of time. Not only that but if you separate a person and there personal connection from a magic crystal it stops the overblot. So in conclusion, emotions control magic which can cause an overblot and breaking the personal connection with a user and it's magic crystal can stop the overblot from happening. Thank you for your time."

The crowd then applauded, very loudly. This was the loudest applause I ever heard, does that mean people like it and were listening. I thought I was saying too much.

"Any questions?" I added before I left.

A hand raised and expected it was a judge, "Yes. Is there further evidence or another example you can give me, how is magic and emotions connected?"

"I'll explain. If you're a magic user then you know how hard it is to harvest magic crystals from caves. You can use the magical energy to find a magic crystal basically showing that your emotions and the crystal are connecting because you have that personal connection."

"I have another question. The Shroud family have always researched overblots, are you implying that you have experienced and are doing a better research than the Shroud family."

"Although the Shroud family have research overblots for a longer time than I have I am merely doing this project based on a hypothesis. I am not implying that my research is better but that the overblots are still a mystery, we just made a hypothesis and made a new crack in this case."

I was doing pretty well, I answered all the question politely and professionally. I felt good about myself. When the questions and time limit was over I hopped off stage and was congratulated by all my teammates. I felt like I belonged. Being in charge and helping others.

"You did very well Y/n." Mr Divus complemented.

"Thank you. I was really nervous." I could still feel my heart pounding.

"How about I recommend you to be the head committee for the third years end of the year party? I'm very sure you'll do a great job."

"Really? But I'm not very experienced and I don't want to disappoint anyone with a lame second years dance idea."

"Don't worry Y/n, Rook and I and all the other third years are willing to give answers on all the questions if you do plan to run. I mean, you came up with the overblot idea and presented it greatly. That's who I want running as head committee." Trey said. It encouraged me too. Rook said that he would be happy to help and would love any party I throw. Of course I was happy about it.

Trey came up to me in private and whispered to me, "I know that you would like to go with Vil but I wanna spend time with Riddle alone. I'm planning on asking him."

"Oh. Trey-senpai I see now. But it's not like I'll go with Vil. Besides, I don't even know if he loves me or not. He hasn't even asked me out or anything. Not to mention that I've never seen his other emotions. I always dreamed that the person I love would show me a side they would show no one else. I mean I know it's a bit selfish but I'll give my all to that person." I did smile at the thought of seeing Vil cry or being happy or even just being angry at me.

"I don't think you've noticed yet."

"What did you say?" I was spacing out.

"Ah, nothing. Come on it's time to go."

Trey and I went to the auditorium to hear the prize winners.

"First place is... Royal Sword Academy!"

We didn't win? Dang it! I thought we had it in the bag.

"And the wizard award goes to Night Raven College! They presented a topic that greatly entranced the audience and the judges. Remember the wizard award comes with a thousand dollar prize!"

I screamed and shouted and was so happy! We didn't win first place which had like 5,000 dollars but we still got a prize! I'm so happy!

Okay! Two chapters and I'm proud. But all this information about overblots are not really true. I just guessed and it's a theory I thought about so it's not actually true.

Next chapter we're gonna see some Y/n power! Maybe...