37

I woke up the next morning to the sound of pounding on my door. I woke up and opened the door.

"Get ready, we're going to practice." One of the students said to me. I nodded my head and quickly went to get ready, apparently someone went to get my things at the dorm so they were here. Lucky for me. When I got ready I headed downstairs outside to practice with the guys.

Most of the students were not bad but just not good enough. Kalim seemed a little different today, he was ordering or mostly forcing us to walk miles to an oasis but when we got there it completely dried up.

"It's all dried up." Most of the students complained.

"Don't worry I'll use my unique magic; Oasis Maker!" Kalim waved his magic staff and it started to rain until the oasis had water.

"Kalim, that was amazing!" I exclaimed. Making water in such dry areas, he could be a hero.

"Thank you. Now drink up we're going back when everyone's rested." Kalim said. I turned around and drank the water, it was cool and refreshing. When I finished drinking I turned around to see Jamil talking with Kalim, when they were done Kalim said, "Alright, let's head back!"

"What? But we barely settled down." Another student said.

"So? We're training and by any means should we get stronger, no breaks. Let's go back." Kalim then started to get ready to go. He was serious. Not only that but he was acting strange, I can't describe it but it was strange.

When we got back Kalim started acting nice again and I started to find this strange so I went into the lounge to talk to the others about Kalim's mood swings. I might gossip a little.

"What's up with Kalim? Has he always acted like that?" I asked a student.

"No, he was really nice in the beginning but he started to get all moody all of a sudden, we don't know why." They replied. Why was Kalim acting like this? It can't possibly be because he actually is like this or is having late teenager mood swings?

"Oh okay. Well I'll go check on him." I left the students to themselves and went to find Kalim. Since we're friends now it would be nice to check up on him, especially if he's feeling moody.

I knock on the door and Kalim opens the door, he lets me know enter.

"What are you doing here Y/n?" Kalim asked me.

"Oh, well I just wanted to ask if everything's alright? I mean, umm, you seem off." I say.

"Really? I'm doing just fine though. I've just been feeling a bit spaced out at times you know."

"Spaced out? Well everyone says that you've been a bit stressful. Are you sure you're okay?"

I said a little worried. Kalim didn't really sense that but he did sense that no one's efforts were getting better.

"Of course. Well see you tomorrow." Kalim says. I exit his room and on my way I see Jamil.

"Hey Jamil. What're you doing so later?" Jamil turned to me, "As Kalim's personal servant I have to oversee everything he does in honor of both our families. I'm supposed check on him while he goes to bed."

"Wow! That sounds stressing. And horrible. You have to babysit someone the same age as you when you're at school. I mean, you can't blame Kalim, you're doing a good job Jamil."

".. It's not much. It's my duty." Jamil said, then left. I also walked away but I looked back, he headed to Kalim's room and I was heading to mine. I can't help but have that nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach.

-

The next day went by quickly and basically the sand as yesterday. We trained; practiced our magic, went to the oasis, did educational problems. It was fun but kept getting ruined by Kalim who would suddenly take things to an extreme and times where he wouldn't. I remember our conversations yesterday and how he felt spaced out. Is this time those spaced out times?

Later that night I headed to Kalim's room to question him again. He needs an attitude adjustment and I'll be that person to do that. I knock on his door and Jamil opens the door.

"Hey Jamil, is Kalim there?"

"Yes, he's just getting ready for bed right now. It'd be best to not disturb him."

"Really? Well I just need to talk to him real quick." I try to look behind Jamil but he blocked my view.

"Please go back." Jamil said.

"It's okay Jamil let Y/n in." I hear Kalim say in the back. Jamil looks at me, more like glared, and allowed me in and left.

"Umm, hey Kalim. Sorry to bother you so late but it's just that you seem to be getting worse lately. The students have been saying that your being too harsh. Are you sure your alright?"

Kalim smiles a little, "Really? If it's like that then I'll just have to have them get a break all day tomorrow."

"Really?" I say surprised. But that surprise exploded in my face, "As if! If we let them take breaks we won't be able to improve at all! Not only that but if they have problems with me they aren't strong enough and willing enough to become the best. Tomorrow, everyone will work double tomorrow."

"Kalim?"

"And you're not going to even come close to getting out of this. You'll be staying with us and not leave do you understand? Someone lock Y/n up in their room."

"What? Kalim you can't just do this." I say desperately hoping that Kalim would change.

"Take them away." Kalim said again and two students dragged me back to my room and locked me in. I banged on the door for a bit but no one answered despite knowing I was here against my will.

"These is no use. How am I supposed to get out?" I know! I'll call Vil to save me! I take out my phone and text Vil.

Help! I'm being held captive in Scarabia. Kalim has gone AWOL!

I sigh deeply as I sent the text. What is going on? Something is definitely going on. I might need some help to figure this out, it can't be as simple as a rich bratty spoiled teenage problem. I be someone but who would help me? Everyone was gone for break and Vil probably wouldn't be able to make it in time.

Someone, anyone, please...

Help...

Thanks for being so patient! I've been so busy recently and couldn't update at all! I won't be able to update again for sometime soon because I'll still be busy. I've been hanging out with relatives since a long time has passed.

Thanks again for reading and for being so patient!