10

It's was time for classes to be over and clubs to begin. I remember why that first year was so familiar now, he was in the basketball team. I was looking around at the clubs and saw him and Floyd. Now that I think about it I think I saw Jamil there too.

The Magift club was full of people. We spilt into two teams, I was on the enemy team of Leona and Epel. There such a huge difference between the two of them that it's kind of cute.

"1, 2, 3, start!" The whole club ran towards each other to grab the disk. This was going to be an intense match.

By instinct, I grab the disk first using my magic. Despite my looks, I am very good at using magic so I don't worry about myself losing control.

Thunk!

As soon as I said that the disk flies out of my grip and onto the ground. It's a race to get the disk now. I couldn't reach it, all my hard work was sabotaged by Leona who was flying on his magic broom. Why that little...

"Epel!" The disk was magically handed to the small little stalker boy.

For a first year, his magic was stable enough to balance the disk. I couldn't let them win. My inner beast awakened. My legs winded up and pushed myself against the grass and ran up to the disk. Using my magic I grab the disk and do the bow and arrow movement towards the goal.

-

The score was 5-6 my team was only one point away from Leona's team. I lost again, next time I won't lose.

"Club time's over. Get back to your dorms." Leona said. He sounded like doing nothing was tiresome.

"Good job Leona-senpai. I'll beat you one day and when that day comes I can't wait to see the look on your face." I said.

Leona smiled a bit and said back, "Don't get cocky yet. You haven't improved one bit since we last competed. If you want to defeat me you would have to be in Diasomia."

Diasomia? That's right I totally forgot. Diasomia is a dorm for students with powerful magic but most students don't use their magic for themselves, they use it for their dorm leader. I haven't met the dorm leader or any of the dorm students officially but they seem okay.

I leave Leona while my thoughts were clouded with questions like; what happened yesterday, did it happen again, who is Diasomia's leader again, and why can't hobos afford cable? Oh wait, I don't have cable. Am I a hobo?

"Y/n-senpai! What are you thinking about?" Epel came towards me.

"Am I hobo?"

"Eh?" Epel was stunned by my questions. He wasn't prepared to say anything about your financial situation without knowing any of it.

"Well...Y/n-senpai has a roof over your head and  has some money to eat often at the Monstro Lounge. So... no?"

I sighed heavily and put my hand on Epel's shoulder, "It's okay. I can't afford cable so I am a hobo. But.... let's go to Sam's shop, I've been looking forward to some stuff they have there."

Epel and I head to Sam's shop. Outside the shop was very decorative but not as messy and decorative as the inside.

"Welcome to Mr. S's Mystery Shop!" Mr. S greeted us.

"We're just looking around." I said.

"Alright, tell me if you need anything." Epel and I just roamed around the store.

I found an interesting little necklace with an apple shape. I didn't really want much but for some reason I grabbed the apple shaped necklace and brought it to the counter to pay.

"Glad you found something you like. That'll be 5 Madols." I grab some Madols out of my wallet and out five on the table.

"Also, since you are a new customer I have something special for you." Mr. S went under the counter and popped back up again with something in his hand, "Here. Some herbs to ward off beasts and other dangerous creatures. It will indeed ward off any beast or creature out there. Very special mix so use it wisely."

I nod my head. Mr. S was strange in a good way but how did he... forget it.

"Epel, did you find anything you want?" Epel shook his head 'no' and walked out the store with me.

"What's that?" Epel pointed at the herbs.

"Oh. He gave me some herbs that ward off beasts. I don't really have a use for it so you can take it." I give him the little bag of herbs. Would you normally give someone herbs when it's something you don't like?

"Thank you. I will carry this with me wherever I go. It will be a representation of my first gift from you." Epel said happily. I don't know if that is cute or weird. Aw, I should've found something for Jack too.

"Let's head back to the dorms. I'll see you tomorrow." I waved Epel goodbye as he headed into the mirror first.

Jack then came into the Hall of Mirrors as soon as I was about to go in the mirror as well.

"Jack? What are you doing here so late?" Jack usually came back to the dorm after practice was over, why was he out so late?

"Oh. Uh, I was at the library with Rook-senpai. He and I wanted to do some research." He was hiding something. I wanted to ask him about it but there's obviously a reason why he didn't tell me.

"Well whatever you're doing, make sure you sleep early. Tomorrow's another day." I walk in the mirror and head into Savanaclaw.

My head was starting to hurt a little. I want to take a nap but I gotta go take a shower. I look at the logo of Savanaclaw's flag.

I think about what Mr. S said to me... a beast?