48

Vil's POV

I didn't sense that the path was ending. I felt like I was walking for miles. I kept feeling more uneasy about these woods and I couldn't turn back now. I can't even tell if it's night or day.

Crunch! 

I knew that sound was not even close to friendly. I waited for whatever made that sound.

"Grrr." A wolf, a real wolf, came out of his hiding. Wolves couldn't possibly be the beasts of these woods, unless that old man tricked me. I'm now thinking that I was probably left to die.

The wolf had his pack behind him and I had my pen with me. The first wolf attacked and I threw an earth spell at him. He fell but went back up immediately. I didn't hurt him bad enough for them to retreat yet. I had to throw another punch at them so when another wolf attacked I hit them with a water spell.

The wolf fell down, none of them retreated. I didn't hit them hard enough? I was about to cast another spell but the wolves retreated and whimpered as they did. My back tensed and I could understand why the wolves retreated. Whatever was behind me was something I wouldn't want to see.

I ran. I ran as fast as I could. I beast seemed to be running as well. I didn't look back, I couldn't look back. Where was Y/n? Would I even see them? Were they taken by this beast too?

For the first time I was scared. I, Vil Scheonheit, was scared. Then I realized that I shouldn't be. I stopped running and turned around. The beast seemed to be coming closer to me. 

The beast had metal scales with the color; gold, blue and violet. It didn't seem to be stopping or attack me just yet so I had to pull out a spell first. I casted my most powerful magic, a dark magic spell. 

Boom!

The fog from my spell had faded. The beast was no longer there but a human. The beast man had no animal features but had longish brown hair, a big strong figure, and a snarling smile. 

"Man, it's been years since someone came up here. You aren't bad in magic either. What's your name?" In my mind I had two possibilities; Y/n and this man were related or Y/n and this man were not related, seeing how this man was powerful and beast like he couldn't be related to Y/n.

"Vil Scheonheit."

"Fancy name for a boy. Come with me." The man walked somewhere but he was still in sight, "Well come on boy we ain't got all day."

I took the risk to follow him.

--

"My name is Geld. I live up here in the mountains. I bet whoever took you here said that this place was haunted by wild beasts. Hah! Dummies like you usually fall flat before we even touch them. But I guess you're not that much of a dummy, that fire spell felt real warm." The old man named Geld kept talking about how he hasn't had any outsider contact since 20 years ago where this powerful magician took him on.

We continued walking further in the woods. My feet were starting to hurt. Geld looked at me and saw the hidden exhaustion on my face.

"We're here." He walked through the branches and beyond that was civilization. 

People were here, they lived here. Children were running and adults were talking, I never felt like this before, a moment of relief. I couldn't wait to sit down from my long journey. Geld took me inside this small house and yelled, "I'm home! I brought a guest."

"Welcome home! Oh, an outsider. Welcome. I made some dinner so please eat till you're full." This couldn't be real. Was this a dream and I was actually eaten by the beast? I sat down by the table full of food.

Geld and his wife sat down and a boy, who also had brown hair came and sat down next to me.

"Who's this? An outsider?" The boy asked.

"Yea, his name is Vil Sch-something. I found him in the woods, thought he was a nice guy so I took him here."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Vil Scheonheit." I smiled a little and I believe the mother had a new profound crush on me and so did Geld's son.

"Nice to meet you," he blushed, "I'm Langa."

"Mom, Dad!" That voice. I turned my head to the voice and saw exactly who I came here for.

"Vil?"

Sorry the chapter's short but I would like to keep the suspense and also 3 chapters! Been waiting for this moment. I guess I have a lot of inspiration today. Like don't you do great on something you don't wanna do but when you wanna do something you're great at you're not.