54

Vil's POV

The day for VDC happened quickly. The day I would beat Niege would be today. I took a deep breath and walked on the stage with Ace, Deuce, Rook, Epel, Jamil and Kalim.

"Kowareru yona kagayaki wa keshite ageru~"

Yes, I would beat Niege and soon after this I'll be the fairest of the land. That dumb curse, it's all false, I don't need Y/n, I need to be perfect, I need to be number 1!

"Hey! So absolutely beautiful! No chance to beat us! There's no way, no way!"

I take a deep breath. Yes, I was number one!

"Amazing! As expected of Vil! Is so beautiful!" A staff member complemented and I just nodded my head. Next was Niege.

Before he would come I would check on my status, "Mira, Mira, who's the fairest of the land?"

"The fairest in the land... Vil Scheonheit."

I am the fairest. I was so happy that when I went out I tried my hardest to not show the pride I felt.

Before Niege would come on stage, I will show Y/n who's cursed. It was all a fake! Where are they? Where?

"Y/n-senpai, can you help us? One of the students broke one of the stage props."

"Sure I"

"Y/n, I need to talk to you." Y/n looked at me. They didn't seem stunned to see me, instead they, "Vil-senpai, can I help you with something?"

"Ah, um, I wanted to tell you something in private." Y/n pulled me into one of the private dressing rooms. We were alone yet I felt so scared, a bad feeling aches in the pit of my stomach.

"What did you want to talk about?" Y/n questioned me.

"The dumb little curse. It was all fake! I'm number one, I'm the fairest one of the land. Look." I showed Y/n my popularity rating. When Y/n looked at my phone that was the first time, in a long time, that they're face was different, "This is impossible! Argor's curse... It's not possible."

"What? You think that through all my hard work I wouldn't be able to reach number one. You doubted me. You make me think I couldn't make it without you but you're wrong. I am perfect even without you."

I can't believe it. Y/n doubted me the whole time. What was I doing; with someone like this?

"That's not it. Vil you don't understand. It's not like that."

"I don't understand? I understand perfectly. You doubted me and you made me doubt myself. Goodbye Y/n."

I left the room and walked out to the seating area where I could see the others. Rook could tell there was something wrong with me but didn't question. I tried my hardest to hide my feelings in front of the others. Niege and his friends walked out on stage and started singing.

"Hi ho~ Hi ho~"

Heh, a child's song? Was he even trying? No, he was. With everything he had. Niege...

"Ah, this song. Even though it's a children's song it brings so many good memories. Hi ho~ Hi ho~"

What? No, no, no! This can't be. Y/n, that curse, no! It's not supposed to be like this.

"Vil! Vil!"

Kalim called out my name, "Are you okay?"

"What, oh yes. I'm fine I just need to take a breather." I left the group and headed behind the stage, "Mira, Mira, who's the fairest in the land?"

"Searching... Niege LeBlanch."

It wasn't possible. Y/n, they were right. I was second place once again. I-I, I needed to become number one.

--

Y/n's POV

It was almost time for the show to start. Everyone was heading to the gym area for some reason but I had to double check the auditorium one last time before the actual show started. I saw some of the boy's on the stage, they seemed worried but when I felt a sudden barrier fall over it was hard to breath. I couldn't breath and it was so hard to move. 

"Guys! Guys!"

"Y/n-senpai!" Ace and Deuce helped me up the stage, "What're you doing here?"

Whoosh! Kalim and Rook fell off the magic carpet and the dark, powerful presence that had caused this strong barrier was Vil. No, it looked like Vil but it wasn't him. He overblotted. 

"Vil?"

"Y/n-senpai, watch out!" Deuce moved me out of the way to safety. What was happening?

"What happened?"

Rook shouted, "I'll explain late, right now help him."

The boy's started shooting magic spells, left and right but it wasn't enough to defeat Vil. Vil was strong, much stronger now that he was going over his magic limit.

"I can use my unique magic but I can't reach him." I yelled to Kalim. He knew that my magic could save us but Vil was strong, we couldn't get close to him at all. Even with the magic carpet and the firing at Vil he would still hurt us.

"Then with all my might," Deuce... what was he, "BET THE LIMIT!"

A big power surged through Deuce and his magic aimed at Vil. Vil fell down and was knocked out. Rook, Epel, and I ran towards Vil first. Vil... are you alright?

"Vil?" This was all my fault. No. 

Then, an internal brain fart happened in my head or more like a brain dump. It was all coming together, the bits and pieces and I finally understood. Vil was right, it was all fake. It was all an act and I fell for it.

The curse was fake.

If you haven't realized by now I added a meme, more like a parody, of this thing I saw on YouTube describing Jade and Trey and Riddle's relationship. It's really funny. But yea, if you guys also didn't realize that I'm pretty lazy so I'll update like in a week, maybe three days, who knows? Thanks for reading.