52

Three weeks passed and ever since Vil and I came back from my hometown Vil has been acting a bit distance. I talked to Rook but he says he might or might not know why Vil is avoiding me but that made me annoyed so I left. Epel was at Magift practice and was working hard as usual. Maybe I shoud ask him, he is always with Vil like 80%.

"Hey Epel." Epel looks up and gets up off the ground.

"Y/n-senpai! Do you need something?" Epel seemed a bit jumpy today.

"Um, do you know why Vil has been avoiding me? I can understand why for a week, got sad during week two and now depressed at week three so something's going on. Do you know something?" I started the interrogation.

"Uh, I'm sorry Y/n-senpai but I was told not to tell you anything."

"By who?"

"By Rook-senpai." Epel seemed to be breaking a sweat but my mind was on other things, like Rook. What is that man up to?

Epel's POV

After Y/n-senpai's interrogation I sighed. Luckily nothing much has slipped out but I think Rook-senpai might be upset for telling Y/n that it was him who shut me up.

About two weeks ago when Y/n-senpai came back Vil-senpai started acting a bit strange. He would get closer with Y/n than usual, not that it was unusual, who knows what happened while they were gone but it can't be a coincidence that they both came back.

I didn't have the courage to ask at first about anything at first but Rook-senpai stopped me. Turns out that Vil and Y/n both went on break to hang out together. I thought Rook was jealous that his best friend was being taken away but it didn't seem like that. It didn't seem. Rook then told me that Vil has unidentified feelings for Y/n, I understood what he meant. Vil-senpai was falling in love with Y/n and Vil didn't know how to handle it.

Vil-senpai was the type of person to receive love, not give it back. If he ever gave it back that would be the day I beat Vil-senpai, not really but there's a slim chance.

I think Vil-senpai has realized his feelings for Y/n though. Vil's been ignoring Y/n and he didn't seem to like it. Maybe he is still confused but still doesn't like. I don't know much about love but I do know when you fall in love with someone you don't really need a reason. If a person has a reason to love I guess they don't really love you.

My grandmother said to me that loving someone is different since you both help each other grow and love is unconditional, meaning that you have no specific reason to love someone, you just do.

Maybe I should tell Vil this. Maybe it might figure out where his heart stands. No. If I did then Vil-senpai would know that I knew about his dilemma. But it would help them so much. Eh, but I shouldn't be that concerned, but maybe it will let Vil-senpai be nicer to me and let me have more free time.

That's it! I will let Vil-senpai gain happiness for my own selfishness!

I knew that neither Vil or Y/n Senpai would actually come and come or ask each other out so it was my job to forge a fake note and send it to them both. I made sure my handwriting looked just like theirs, or how I thought it would. They would meet each other under the Apple tree in the court yard.

To make sure that they did get my note I hid in the bushes waiting. The sunset became darker and eventually turned to night. My eyelids felt heavy, why? I guess I still have some time. I'll just lay here under the tree.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"El."

"Pel."

"Epel."

"If you don't wake up right now I'll make sure to curse you."

"Ah!" I woke up. Was it a dream? Oh wait.

Y/n Senpai and Vil Senpai we're both standing in front of me and it meant my plan failed or succeeded.

"Um, hello?" I said sheepishly.

"Hello Epel. Now please tell me why you were sleeping... outside... snoring... and why Y/n and I meant here 'coincidentally'?" Vil threatened me and I knew Y/n Senpai couldn't help me. I had to tell the truth.

"Oh, uh, I was, uh, sleeping, uh, here because um, uh I fell asleep."

"Forget it Vil. He's not gonna tell us. Besides I do need to talk to you." Y/n Senpai said and it saved me.

"What do you want to talk about?"

This was my chance, "Don't think about going anywhere Epel, I'll deal with you later."

Vil gave me a glare and I immediately ran away. I better stay inside my room until this whole thing is over.

3rd person POV

Vil and Y/n turned to each other.

"What did you want to talk about?"

Y/n hesitated at first but open their mouth, "I... I want to know why you're avoiding me?"

Vil stayed silent. Y/n tried to rephrase the question but Vil finally answered, "Because I hate you."

"Vil? Come on you don't mean that."

"Yes I do." Vil tried his hardest to not let his voice crack and held back his tears. His eyes were stinging and his throat suffocating.

Y/n didn't understand. All these question popped left and right. Y/n wasn't like Vil, they cried. The tears flowed down like a waterfall never ending.

Vil thought Y/n was the one. Y/n thought Vil was the one. But they both knew one thing, even if they got close they will always push each other away.

"I don't understand. You say you're my friend, you say that you like me and you even meet my parents. I don't understand. Even after all that I thought we were friends." Y/n managed to cry out.

"Friends? Don't forget that this curse upon me was made by you. You said you were gonna help me but you haven't. I-I... just go." Y/n's heart shattered into millions of pieces.

This was so sudden and felt so unreal. Was this really Vil? Was this how he really felt?

"Then, goodbye Vil."

Y/n ran, never looking back. Both of their hearts were broke because of the word 'hate'.

Hate.

What an evil word. But it had to be said.

After reading his feelings for Y/n, Vil was reminded about the curse, how this all started and how they got close was because of this dang curse. It wasn't Love. It was just to make sure that Y/n would break his curse.

Or was he denying it?

Vil was confused. He was regretting his words. He was angry at himself. Maybe he'll apologize, he gave it a thought but he knew that he could never apologize about something he said that was so hurtful.

"I'm sorry..."

Sorry for taking so long to update! Another little trial for our lovers! I'm sorry but it has to be done I'll make sure you end your story with a happy ending. Good bye.

Also what kind of theme do you guys like because I'm gonna have a party chapter. I have ...

Masquerade
The seven dorms/leaders
Lights
Mirror
Flower theme
Lanterns

If you guys have any more theme ideas just comment and vote for which theme you like the best.