36

Jamil!

He was the guy who didn't let me into Scarabia. He was the vice-dorm leader, what was he doing here? And can I eat some of whatever he's cooking?

"Jamil, what are you doing here?" I decided to make myself known. He was is here with no one and a whole feast and he still cooking.

"I'm cooking. The dorm students of Scarabia are staying at school for winter break, we didn't do so good in the Magift tournament and our grades aren't good so we're training and studying hard this week." Jamil says as he prepares so many dishes at once and the smell of it makes my mouth water with delight.

"Cok-um," I wipe away my drool which made me choke, "Do you need help? I'm also staying over the break and I am pretty bored so can I?"

"Sure, just stir this and I'll be preparing other meals." Jamil gave me the stirring spoon. The soup smelled good as well. Jamil is very talented, isn't he?

An hour passed and all the food was complete. Some Scarabia students helped Jamil and I bring these back to their dorm. As we reached the Scarabia dorm I felt a heat wave hit me. I forgot how hot it was here, but it also feels nice at the same time. We head inside the dorm and go to the main lounge where we put the food. Jamil orders other students about the feast. I wanted to stay and try all this out but I can't be selfish.

"Oh, hello there. It's Y/n right? Are you here to join us?" Kalim said in a cheery tone. I'm surprised he could actually remember my name.

"Oh! No I'm just helping but I should go." The back of my mind was hoping he would let me stay and eat the food.

"Well why don't you stay. You made it all this way, why don't you stay longer?" Kalim generously offered.

"Really? I mean, sure." In the end I lost to Kalim and Jamil's food. I sat down and ate with the dorm students. The food tasted so good and I ate at least a few spoons from each plate. In no time the plates were empty. Jamil decided to clean up while Jamil decided to show me around.

"Let me show you, here is all the things my parents sent me for the school year." Kalim opened the door and I was blinded by the gold. It was as if I was reminded of how poor I was.

"Oh, but let me show you, this!" Kalim showed me a rug. It was pretty but I- whoa!

"The carpet! It's flying!" I said in amazement.

"The carpet was enchanted with magic and was given to me as well. It's based off the magic carpet in the Hot Sands. But that's not the best part, come on!" Kalim got on the carpet and held his hand out for me to grab. I grabbed his hand, I trusted Kalim even though it was a short moment, I trusted him.

The carpet swiftly moved us around the room and led us outside and up, up and away. The height scared me, I was never higher than this besides in gym class when practicing broom flying. This was such a heart pounding feeling. I felt my chest as my heart pounded excitedly from this feeling. I watched as the dorm got smaller and the moon bigger.

"Wow!" The sight was amazing. The world is still beautiful.

"Do you like it?" Kalim asked.

"Do I like it? I love it! I've never seen anything like this and everything seems so different. It's like we're in a whole new world!" I kept looking around me to check if everything was real. It was truly beautiful.

"Thank you for showing me this Kalim."

"Of course. Would you like to stay at the dorms and train with us?"

"Well, I might as well since I'm here. But only for today, I have some stuff to do when I go back to my dorm."

"Alright then, let's go back then." The carpet brought us back to the dorm where all the gold was. It seemed as if Jamil was waiting for us.

"Excuse me Y/n I have to talk to Kalim." Jamil said in a serious tone. I felt like what we did was illegal, but it was fun.

When Kalim was done talking with Jamil he showed me to my room and went back to his room. I slept as if there was no tomorrow.

This is the shortest chapter of this book about 700 words. Sorry I have t updated so long and made a short chapter I've just been so busy cramming all my things together before my trip. Hope you guys enjoy and stay patience until I post the next chapter. Thank you!