29

"I can't break Vil's curse."

Those very words had broken Y/n. All their hope, all their determination was all for nothing. Everything was just a wild goose chase and Y/n was the main character in this charade.

"What do you mean? Isn't their a rumor that anyone who signs with Azul will get their wish come true? Was this all a lie? Why?! And Jade, I thought we were friends, why didn't you tell me the truth?"

Azul sighed, "I can only do what I'm capable of. Vil was cursed with unique magic, right? I can't break unique magic and I doubt you can either with your magic Silent Night."

Y/n already thought about that solution. They doubted that they could break someone's unique magic with their own. Unique Magic's were powerful and Y/n could only stop magic when they were being casted, not casted (upon).

"I can't. I... I..." Y/n couldn't have put into words about what to say next. She can only stop the curse by showing the world that Vil's heart is beautiful.

"Instead I'll change the agreement on something else, anything else." Azul offered but Y/n didn't say anything. They were thinking, thinking if making another deal was the right decision.

"What's your offer?"

"It's simple, give me the photo and I'll free... I'll free all the students who signed the study notebook contract." Azul didn't want to admit it but he lost. He was outvillained. It wasn't even Leona who outvillained him it was...

It was the person who made him realize that giving things in return should be fair and he hadn't been. Not like he's ever been but he wants to try.

"Here." Y/n gave the picture to Azul and signed the contract. The little barnacle things on Ace and Deuce's head were disappearing. Everyone was free and relieved but Azul and Y/n weren't.

"I have to go." Y/n left Octanvinelle quickly. Maybe heading to see Vil would make things better, Y/n felt a sense of calmness around him but also a hint of hope that he liked them.

1st person POV

I headed to Pomfiore. If I told Vil about being this close to breaking this curse how would he react? If I hadn't gotten myself involved with bad people or bad things, if only I was better and-

"Y/n." The calm sea washed over me and hearing that beautiful melancholy voice eased her.

"Vil." I couldn't hold back the years anymore, my salt water tears leaked from my eyeballs and I wiped them with my sleeve, "Vil, I'm so sorry."

"Ugh, here. A tissue for your troubles." I took the tissue and blew out all the snot. I needed a lot more than this and Vil noticed so he just gave me the rest of the tissues.

"What's wrong?" Vil said to me. I want to tell him and I need to but I don't know how he'll feel.

"I was so close to breaking your curse. But I was fooled! Azul fooled me and I failed you. I'm sorry I couldn't break your curse." I pulled out another tissue and blew into it.

Vil surprisingly puts his arm around me. It seems as if he was trying to comfort me, it was a little hard to tell since he petted my head and my back and my arm and it felt a little awkward which made me laugh.

"What's so funny?" Vil looked at me and took my hair out of my face. He looked at me to make sure I wasn't hurt or anything. Like how babies laugh and it sounds like they're crying.

"Nothing. It just seems like your first time comforting someone, you know, I should be the one comforting you not the other way around."

"What's there for you to comfort? Besides, I after all that you're trying to do for me this is probably the least I could do."

Vil had a small smile on his face which put a big smile on my face. I'm glad he's not angry at me.

"You need a break from this whole curse business. Y/n, from now on you'll be with me until I say so. Even a big star like me needs a break sometimes and so do you, whatever you say won't change anything. Let's go to my room, you're helping with the stargazer event so you need to look good for the camera."

Vil tugged me along. I totally forgot the star gazer event and he didn't really need to do anything for me. Oh well, I guess it really was time to take a break.

— The Next Day —

Vil gave me a facial, a massage, lesson on yoga and even did my hair today. I felt very refreshed because of Vil but that doesn't mean that I won't give up. After everything he did for me I should return the favor.

"Y/n." The familiar, now saddened tone, spoke to me.

"Jade, whatever you want to say just say it. I was your friend so I'm giving you a chance to speak to me." I just want to get this over with. Now that I think about it I make horrible friends.

"Y/n, I'm sorry for not telling you the truth. To be honest I only did it for my own enjoyment. You're so unpredictable, so unexpected; I just wanted to play around with you, not hurt you. I'm truly am sorry."

I know he's sorry but I already knew my answer, "I won't forgive you. You can make it up to me all you want but I still won't forgive you. We were friends and you chose yourself over me, that's not what friends are supposed to do. Goodbye."

I leave Jade alone. He probably expected me to not forgive him but tried anyways. Whatever! I'm done with him and I'm done being stressed. I take a small glimpse and see Leona.

"Leona!" I yell at him and run to catch up. He wasn't walking fast and probably would've heard me if I whispered but I don't really care.

"What herbivore?" Leona complained.

"Thank you for helping me." I didn't really see it but I think I saw Leona twitch his ears, wag his tail, and have a hint of blush on his cheeks.

...?

Oh well!

My last chapter until I post the next one. I don't know when but it'll probably be in two weeks, if you're lucky then one, if you're luckier then none.

I mentioned I'm traveling for the summer and this book has officially reached 5k readers! 🥳🎉🎈🎊

Maybe I'll do a 5k special. Please write down any recommendations you would like and I'll make them good, no, greater than (not to say your ideas are bad) they were before!