15

1st person POV

Magift had come. After the texts, nothing had happened but I still had my guard up. It seems like Jack has been busy with the boys of Heartslaybyul so I didn't see much. Today, though, Leona told me that I made it on the team and I was so happy that I accidentally hugged him and he cursed me as a herbivore which was okay because nothing like Leona's nasty remarks could ruin my good mood.

"Y/n-senpai," It was Jack, he was finally free to talk to me, honestly I felt that he had so much time spending with his new friends he had forgotten me, "I need your help and I need you to not tell anyone, not even Leona or Ruggie-senpai."

I nod my head. Jack was serious, even though he looks serious, he was serious. The words that came out of Jack's mouth surprised me more than that time I saw Epel look at me with innocent eyes.

"The injuries that were caused before the tournament were all planned by Leona and Ruggie-senpai. We came up with a plan to stop them from doing whatever they're doing and make sure that no one gets hurt."

"What? How do you know about this and how are you going to stop them? Most importantly, why me?"

"Do you remember I came to your room late at night and asked for your advice, I took that advice and am doing the right thing. I know you worked hard to join Magift but what they did was wrong. I believe they're going to use Ruggie-senpai's unique magic to injure the Disonmia dorm. I just want you to join me so if we do have the chance to still play, I still doubt it, you will be clear."

Jack...

I raise my hands and put them on his fluffy cheeks, "You did the right thing and I'm proud of you Jack. Now let's go kick some honeybuns!"

-

3rd person POV

"Alright, show time." Ruggie popped open the cap of the tube and drank the strange mixture.

"Unique magic! Laugh With Me!"

"Ah! What's happening? My body's moving on it's own!"

People were caught and controlled like dolls on a string. The unique magic had gotten a hold and schools of people ran through the street.

"Help!"

The people who were caught in magic yelled. The Diasomia group saw the running crowd and tried to escape but the crowd reached them too fast and many were hurt. The magic of the unique magic had run out.

"Shishishi. Drinking that nana boost really made me control so many people."

The little joker ran away to avoid suspicion. The Magift game was starting soon.

"Jack, you said you had a plan? It didn't work!" Y/n freaked out but was settled down immediately by Jack.

"Senpai, don't worry."

Jack and Y/n went into the Magift center where they would meet their final opponent. As they had gotten to the center, Ace and Deuce, Y/n believed, were already there.

"I can't believe this." Leona started laughing wildly.

"Still alive." Lilia who had appeared out of nowhere surprised the Lion boy. The plan had failed terribly for Leona.

"You're going to regret this." Leona glared at Jack who he hated at this very moment and everyone who had planned against him. He hated them all.

"I won't be second. I won't let that bastard..."

"Don't worry senpai." Jack stood in front of you to protect you, "Unleash! Beast!"

"So this is your unique magic? Haha. Interesting!"

The rest seemed like a blur for Y/n. Until, a huge black, liquid monster appeared and Leona had seemed entirely different. This wasn't good. He went overblot.

"Leona!" Y/n had yelled. It was no use. He was too caught up in the darkness. He had forgotten the one good thing coming from his life...

-
1st person POV

Why?

Why was I born? Born to be second!

I just want...

...

"Leona!"

Shut up!

...

"Did you hear? The second child can turn everything to sand."

"Wow, scary."

They don't understand.

...

"I'll beat you!"

You...

...

Why? Why was I born to be second?

I don't want to be second.

I don't want him to be first.

For once, why can't I be first?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Leona!"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Leona!"

-

"He woke up!" I yell.

Leona was in such a broken state. I couldn't help myself as my tears flowed. Why did he do this?

"Leona..." I whisper softly. Leona put, his now rough paws, on my face.

"Y/n..." he whispered back.

"I'm sorry Leona. I'm sorry if I ever made you feel like you weren't something. I don't know why I'm apologizing but please... Leona..." I felt as if Leona knew exactly what I meant to say. He didn't say anything, he just nodded his head and brought our heads close so that our foreheads touched.

"Y/n-senpai! Leona-senpai!" Jack yelled.

I hope that everything goes back to normal. But I don't think that anything will be normal just after this.

"That was some crazy magic Y/n-senpai." The red headed kid with the heart said, "I never knew anyone possessed a magic like that."

"I want to be strong as Y/n-senpai." The deuce kid flattered.

"Magic? You defeated me." Leona spoke. I shook my head, "I didn't defeat you. I wanted to save you.

My unique magic; Silent Night."

If you're confused about the 1st person POV then I'll explain. We first have Leona's POV like in the chapter. But then it changes to our POV.

Also our or your unique magic is Silent Night. I didn't want a big powerful magic thing like in other stories and wanted something simple like silence. I didn't really know what to do for the unique magic but I will explain the unique magic in the next chapter.