Frontierland: Part One

If you're going to beat Eve and her rain of monsters, then you're going to have to know how to kill her. Your dad's library isn't filled with the right books, but you did know of someone who had all the right books–Samuel. He's dead, and most of the people he worked with, but his library still stands tall and proud.

You've seen where it is once or twice, but Sam knows where it is better than you. After all, you spent all your time trying to get away from this place. It's super easy to get back into this place now without all the guards, and no one is trying to stop you from getting into Samuel's locked office now.

"It's here, somewhere. I know it," Sam says as he looks for the door to the library.

This library is special and highly valuable, so the door might not even look like a door. You walk around his desk and notice something on the floor... a handle.

"Sam, I think the door is here. It's a trapdoor."

"Help me move this," he motions to the desk.

He could get help from your dad or Dean, but you can use your magic to move this. All you need to do is give one push, and it glides across the floor easily. The trap door is exposed to one push of the desk. Sam opens it, and you're concerned that your pregnant ass won't even fit through the small door.

"I'll be damned," your dad mutters.

He and Sam make their way down first, and you turn to Dean who holds a smile.

"What are you smiling about?" you ask.

"Nothing. I'll help you down," he chuckles and heads down the ladder through the trap door.

You slowly make your way down the ladder, and Dean makes sure you don't fall on your ass. Once your feet are firmly planted on the ground, you turn on the lights to the place with a gasp. This place looks like a bigger version of the panic room your dad has inside his basement. It's like an underground Bunker if the world went to shit. No doubt that it has warding all over the place to keep the information inside protected.

Samuel has things from books to pictures of his family and relatives to information regarding a lot of different kinds of monsters. It's amazing how much he has collected over the years.

"Welcome to the Campbell family library," Sam states.

"So, Samuel collected all this stuff, huh?" Dean asks.

"Apparently."

"So, what are we looking for?"

"Anything that talks about how to kill, hurt, or contain Eve. I guess we just pick a row and start there," you shrug.

All four of you got to work and picked a bookshelf to start reading from. You're not sure what you're trying to find, so it takes some time to go through each book, paper, and pamphlet Samuel has inside this mini-library.

"Bingo," your dad states, holding up a book in his hands. "Either of you jokers ever heard anything about a Phoenix?"

"River, Joaquin, or the giant flaming bird?" Dean wonders.

"It says here that the ashes of a Phoenix can burn the mother."

"The mother?"

"The mother of all... Eve," you say.

"Great. Where do we get one?" Dean asks.

"You got me. I thought it was a myth."

"Alright, great. Well, let's see if we can find something out about a Phoenix," Sam says.

"See? Now we know what we're looking for," you chuckle and grab the first book you see.

This book isn't like the other lore books you've read through–it's more like a journal or a diary. There are dates and entries through every page, and they are all about someone's life. Whose journal is this? You turn to the very first page when you see the person's name: Samuel Colt. Colt? As in the Colt, Colt? If this is true, then this was all about his life. Why would his journal be in here? This is too interesting to pass up, and there are three other people in here to do some actual research on a Phoenix.