Appointment in Samarra: Part One

The topic of Sam's soul is getting to be stretched way too thin. He's acting up more now than he ever did. It's like he's getting worse the longer he goes without a soul. You and Dean have to work overtime to get his soul back, and hopefully Sam doesn't know what you're doing because he's not going to like it.

No idea is a bad idea.

Except for Dean's... that is a bad idea.

Playing with life and death isn't funny, but then again, he wouldn't be Dean Winchester without bad ideas. You're not sure you even like it because it risks the possibility of your child growing up without a dad, and that is just not acceptable. However, when it comes to Dean Winchester, nothing is too much for his little brother.

"Dean, please tell me this is what you want to do. It's risky enough as it is," you sigh when Dean parks the car.

"I know, but I know what I'm doing. It's going to be fine," he dismisses your concerns and gets out of the car.

"Dean Winchester, I will not let my child grow up without a dad," you state as you get out of the car. "I am giving you three minutes before I am pulling you back, do you hear me? Please don't leave me alone with Sam."

"Y/N, I'm doing this to get back Sam. Trust me, I don't like it, but you're not going to do it so it has to be me. This is the only chance we might have at this point. No one else can help except him."

"But this is Death we're talking about. Death. Does that not mean anything to you? I think this warrants some kind of conversation."

Dean looks at the address written down on the torn piece of paper before looking at the grocery store in Chinatown. Dr. Robert gave him this address and instructions, but this is just too sketchy to do medical practices.

"You want to have it now? Waste more time in trying to help Sam? I'm doing this, and I'm not going to die."

"That's the whole point of this, Dean! Of course you'll die. What happens if you don't come back? What am I supposed to do then?" you ask.

"Take up knitting. I hear it passes time," he says sarcastically and heads inside the grocery store.

If smoke could come out of your ears like they do in the cartoons, it'll show a fraction of how angry you are at him. With a low growl, you follow him inside.

"Hi, I'm, uh, looking for—"

"Follow all the way back. All the way back," he repeats and shows him where to go.

Dean leads you to the back of the store where he opens a door that leads to a set of stairs going up to the second floor—or the apartment above the store if you had to guess. This place is disgusting—walls are peeling, the stairs and floor are just covered with dirt, you think there may be some mold growing in the corner, and this place gives off a psycho vibe.

"You really want to take medical advice from someone who lives here?" you hiss.

"It's not advice," he snaps back just as Dr. Robert exits his apartment.

"Dean Winchester?"

"You must be Dr. Robert."

"Son, I stitched up your daddy more times than I can count, let me tell you. Oh, it's good to see you both. Y/N, you look so grown up. 'Course, that was ages ago, back when I still had my medical license. Right this way."

"That's reassuring," you scoff under your breath as you head inside.

Inside looks just as bad as the outside, except with a few medical equipment and a young assistant. She's very skinny, black hair, and has sort of a bored/annoyed face.