You Can't Handle the Truth: Part Four

Pairing: Eventual Dean x Reader

Word Count: 2.4k

Warnings: angst, canon violence

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The one thing you're not expecting is when Lisa calls Dean. You're not quite sure what happened with them when he was in transition from going full vampire, but you know he went to see her. Nothing good could have come of the situation, so you know whatever she is about to say to him isn't going to be good. She calls as soon as you two get out of the car. Dean's parked right in front of the girl's house—the girl who got killed in a car accident but not really.

"Hey," Dean says after he sees who is calling him.

He leans on the side of his car, and you lean on the trunk which gives you access to hear parts of what she is saying. The angrier she gets, the louder she is.

"Yeah, it's been crazy," Dean says in response to whatever she said to him. "Lisa, I'm sorry, but this is actually the worst time in the universe to talk. C-can we do this later?"

"You shoved my kid, Dean. How about we do this now?" you hear her say.

So that's what Dean did when he went to go see her. He wanted to drink her blood, but then came to his senses. Ben didn't know what was going on, so to get away, he shoved her kid and escaped. If someone you loved and was seeing shoved your kid, you'd drop them instantly. Though, you might be closer to that image more than you think.

"It wasn't like that... I can't really explain... Probably not," he finally sighs.

"You've got so much buried in there, and you push it down, and you push it down. Do you honestly think that you can go through life like that and not freak out? Just, what, drink half a fifth a night and you're good?" she says accusingly.

You actually kind of feel bad for Dean, but she knew this when he decided to be with her. She knew this when he entered her life again. If it were you, you wouldn't use that as an excuse not to see him anymore. Hell, you have been on the receiving end of it, but that doesn't mean you give up on him.

"You knew what you signed up for."

"Yeah, but I didn't expect Sam to come back. I'm glad he's okay, alright? I am. But the minute he walked through that door, I knew it was over. You two have the most unhealthy, tangled-up, crazy thing I've ever seen. As long as he's in your life, you're never gonna be happy. That came out so much harsher than I meant."

"It's not your fault," he sighs, and after a few moments, he speaks again. "Okay, Lis, I'm not gonna lie. Okay, me, Sam, and Y/N, we... we've got our issues. No doubt. But you and Ben—"

"Me and Ben can't be in this with you. I'm sorry," she cuts him off and hangs up on him.

He looks down, despondent. He's disappointed and angry at himself for what he did, and you kind of feel bad. He lost both you and Lisa, but you'd rather not get into that right now. Instead, you try to at least make him feel better about all this.

"Listen, Dean, I'm really sorry about Lisa, and I think—"

"Y/N, no offense to you, honestly. I really want to talk about this but not with you, okay? Anyone but you," he says truthfully.

Shit, he's been affected by all this, but you can understand where he's coming from. Why would he talk about his new girlfriend to his old girlfriend?

"Right," you whisper.

"That came out wrong," he sighs.

"No, I get it, Dean. I'm not your person anymore," you say and walk past him and into the house.