Caged Heat: Part One

"Weren't you the one who told me to stop you? To pull you back because of what happened? I believe your exact words were 'promise me you'll make me take it easy' and 'I'm having second thoughts about wanting to hunt still'!" Dean shouts from the motel room.

Sam is out since he doesn't have the interest or the patience to hear the fight he knew was going to happen.

"I know what I said, Dean," you snap.

"That thing had a knife to your stomach, and you don't think you need to stay on the sidelines for the rest of this pregnancy?"

"Dean, I was emotional about that whole thing! I wasn't prepared, and I was scared of using my magic because I might hurt the baby–"

"And that's not a good enough reason to stop hunting? I can't believe you right now. You are not killing my child again!" he yells so that his voice bounces off the walls and echoes.

"Dean! I'm not killing her! I wasn't prepared! You may not have thought of this, but I've never been pregnant before! Now that I know the risks, I can better prepare myself."

"How can you even say that right now? You're carrying my–our–child. Don't you think I deserve a say in all of this? I don't want anything happening to her!"

"And you think I do? What happened with that leprechaun won't ever happen again. How can you even think about benching me when I can do the things I can do? How can you even say that to me?"

"There is a baby inside of you–growing, learning, thinking–and you don't think putting her through that stress and pain is good for her?"

Dean paces inside the room, and his hands flex into fists because he's very close to hitting something right now. How can one woman be so infuriating yet so loving at the same time? How can you not see that you might be potentially harming the only kid he may ever have with you? He wants to smack you upside the head to make you see that you're being absolutely ridiculous right now.

"I have enough magic to protect her!"

"And will you have enough to protect yourself? Others around you? How much magic does it take to fully protect our child? Huh?"

"Do you expect me to sit on my ass while you and Sam go fight the big dogs? Hell to the fucking no. I won't watch you and Sam get killed over something I could have prevented," you sigh deeply and run your hands down your face tiredly. "Crowley is out there and is expecting us to bring him monsters and alphas. Monsters who will kill you without even thinking about it."

"Sam and I can protect ourselves."

"Just think about this for a second, Dean. Do you honestly believe I'd put my child in danger? Like really fucking think about it. I know it's hard to get through that thick skull of yours, but I don't just jump into danger like you and Sam do. I have someone else to think about now, and do you honestly believe I won't?"

"But you said–"

"I know what I said!" you yell, cutting him off. "I'm saying listen to what I'm saying now. Crowley knows I'm pregnant, so he knows he can use it against you. Wouldn't you rather me be with you instead of by myself where a raid of demons can come get me at any fucking moment? Think about it, Dean, because you are starting to get on my fucking nerves," you growl.

You're done with this conversation, and you storm past him and out of the room to get some air for yourself.

"Y/N! We're not done!"

"Yeah, I think we are. Now I'm off to snatch some monsters, do you want to come?" you yell back without looking back at him.

What is Dean going to do with you? What if one of these hunts becomes fatal because you decided not to hang back? What if he loses you both? What then?