The Third Man: Part One

Pairing: Eventual Dean x Reader

Word Count: 1.7k

Warnings: angst, canon violence

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have two major things on your plate right now: Samuel and Dean. There is something sinister going on with Samuel that you really need to figure out. He's been doing his own thing with his family, only calling you and the brothers in when he absolutely needs you three. When you realized Sam was back, you started hunting with him and Samuel in hopes of finding some answers. You had two people back from the dead and no real reason as to why this happened.

Castiel wasn't answering you at the time, and still isn't, so you couldn't even ask if it was at the hand of an angel. He's the one who saved Dean, but Dean wasn't guarded by Lucifer's cage and two archangels. Something or someone else must have gotten Sam out. That same something must have dragged Samuel out of Heaven. Why him? Why not Mary? She was a Campbell and a hunter. Why not your mom? What makes Samuel so special?

While searching for answers regarding him and his clan, you have Dean to deal with. He's made it perfectly clear that he and Lisa are a thing and are going to be a thing for a long time. It's surprising how he's making it work with her for this long. Never in your life have you seen a hunter and a non-hunter try to be together. It's not fair to the non-hunter to always be put in danger, and it's not like the hunter is going to share things about their life to their significant other. They are called non-hunters for a reason. So, the fact that Lisa and Ben aren't hunters is surprising to you.

Not only did Dean make it clear he's moved on, you also have to deal with your feelings about him. Yes, you're still madly in love with Dean. No, you're not going to tell him that you are. He's the one who left, so he should be the one who is miserable without you. You two did not spend four and a half years together to not have it mean anything. Thinking about Dean also gets you thinking about your unborn child and Bobby John. Sure, he was a shapeshifter, but you couldn't help but think of yourself as his temporary mom.

You made a huge fucking mistake when you asked Castiel to get rid of your child. No matter how much you beg and whine, he can't bring her back. You'd have to make another baby the old fashion way, but Dean isn't going to want to go down that road with you ever again. In his eyes, you burned that bridge with no way of repairing it. You want to move on, but now that Dean is hunting with you and Sam again, it's hard to think of yourself with anyone besides Dean.

You can go to bars and pick up men, but you'd turn into Dean. That's the one thing you never liked about Dean–his ability to get girls and use them for one night. Each hunt brought you to a new town, and each hunt allowed Dean to get a new girl on his arm. You never wanted that for yourself, so you don't exactly know what you need to do to start moving on. Does Dean need to die again? Do you need to quit hunting with the brothers and go solo? That is an option, but you can't leave without answers of how Sam and Samuel came back to life.

You don't think you could ever leave.

Dean is still trying to make it work with Lisa, so that's where he's been off to every night. You, on the other hand, have been with Sam. To save on money, you've been sharing one motel room, and you're just going to say this once: Sam doesn't care if you're here or not. He's bringing women back to the room. It doesn't bother you as you can leave to give yourself some time to think about everything that's been going on. You come back a few hours later, and the girl is gone. However, this girl stayed until the morning.

You're lying in bed overthinking some things while Sam is working out. He's shirtless, flexing his muscles, and doing his regular routine of push-ups, sit-ups, and chin-ups. Anything that has to do with "ups" apparently. He's doing some chin-ups on a pipe suspended from the ceiling in the middle of the room. The woman he was with last night emerges from the bathroom.