The Third Man: Part Two

Pairing: Eventual Dean x Reader

Word Count: 2.1k

Warnings: angst, canon violence

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only reason you got a motorcycle in the first place is so that you can be on your own without anyone in the passenger seat telling you what to do. When Dean broke up with you, that was the first thing you bought. It felt nice to be on your own. When you found out Sam was alive, you continued to use it because you were skeptical of hunting with Samuel in the first place. You were still kind of on your own. Yes, you miss riding with Dean in the infamous Impala, but being on your own is nice. It's making you realize just how independent you can be.

It's why you brought it with you on this hunt. Sam in his car, Dean in his, and you on your bike. Though, because of Dean's competitive nature, he has to prove that he's the best in everything. Much like now, when he comes racing right in front of you and Sam who are just inches away from him. You have to go to Officer Colfax's house to interview him, and Dean just had to beat you two there.

You get off your bike at the same time Sam and Dean get out of their cars.

"Were you, uh... were you racing us?" Sam asks.

"No, I was kicking your asses," he smirks.

"Very mature," you cough. You walk up to the Officer's house and knock a few times before saying his name. "Officer Ed Colfax?"

The door opens slowly, and the officer is standing there in the worst shape a person could possibly be. His skin is pale and sickly white, his eyes are sunken in, dark circles rest just below his eyes, his hair is greasy, and his teeth are yellow. It looks like he's very irritable about something. Even in full uniform, which he's in, looks terrible.

"Whoa. Looking sharp, Kojak," Dean whistles.

"Who the hell are you?" he mutters.

"We're the Fed, Ed. We're here to ask you a few follow-up questions about your partner's death," Sam presents his badge.

"Don't worry about it. It's nobody's business."

"Officer Colfax–"

"Don't worry about it!" he yells and slams the door in your faces.

You didn't expect this reaction out of him. He's hiding something, and you're going to find out what it is. Sam is getting sick and tired of his behavior, and he kicks the door in. Dean jumps back from the shock, but you're used to it by now. Ever since Sam got back, his temper has been short–too short.

"Dude!" Dean hisses, but Sam walks right in without another word.

"He's been like that since he surfaced. His temper is very thin. Let me tell you, whatever happened down there, it seriously changed him," you shrug.

You follow Sam inside with Dean hot on your heels. The atmosphere of this place is thick with tension, and you can feel a shift in temperature the deeper you go into the house. The walls are lined with family pictures, and it would be a sweet gesture, but the faces are scratched out. Every single face has been scratched by either a knife or some other type of very sharp object. Who violates their family pictures like this?

You follow Sam into Ed's office which is in the back. He's sitting at his desk, scratching a picture of him in his police uniform with a screwdriver. Well, we know who damaged the pictures on the wall. He's picking at the picture with the tool, not really minding that Sam broke into his house. It's like his mind can only focus on one thing at a time.