Exile on Main St.: Final Part

Pairing: Past Dean x Reader

Word Count: 2.2k

Warnings: angst

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After dropping off Lisa and Ben, you said your goodbyes to your father before leaving with Sam and Dean back to Samuel's hideout. Since you're much faster on your bike, you lead the brothers back to your temporary residence. As soon as everyone got there, Dean wasted no time getting down to business.

"What's the plan?"

"Well, right now, we stock up and get ready," Samuel answers.

"So, you're saying there is no plan."

"We'll find 'em. Just got to be patient," Christian butts in as he cleans one of the weapons.

"Yeah, okay. Oh, here's an idea. Why don't we go kill the sons of bitches that broke into my home?"

"Relax, Dean. We got it handled. Djinn are hard to draw out. Now, you've been out of the game for a while. Leave it to the professionals."

"Yeah, Dean, we're the professionals. You're not anymore. You're old news," you say in a smug voice.

"Shut up," he glares at you. "Whatever, tiny suggestion though. You see, djinn are easier to draw out when you got bait. They want Sam, Y/N, and me. They know where I live. Now, I haven't been hunting in a while, but I'm gonna stick my neck out and guess that's a pretty good place for us to go. See? It's almost like I'm a professional."

"More like an amateur," you mutter with an eye roll.

He does have a point, though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saving Lisa and Ben earlier was easy because you were in and out without any thought to what could be inside the house. Now that you're basically setting up camp here, you have time to look at everything you've been missing for the past year. There are a bunch of pictures of Lisa, Ben, and Dean. They look so happy, and it pains you to see them. It sucks that this is your life now... without Dean.

"Hey. Do me a favor–don't touch that," Dean says to Christian who is holding one of the pictures of the family.

You look over just as he put it down, and you make eye contact with Dean for a brief second. You quickly look away in fear he might see your true emotions. You don't want to, but you miss Dean a lot.

"Golf? Really?" Sam judges when he finds the stash of golf clubs in a closet under the stairs.

"It's a–it's a sport," Dean tries to defend himself.

Sam doesn't say anything else but puts the clubs away. Dean walks into the kitchen, and you approach Sam with a sigh.

"Being in this house is going to kill me."

"You're going to be fine. Don't worry about it," he shrugs.

"Are you okay, Sam? Are you feeling fine?"

"Yeah, why?"

"There's something off about you ever since I found you. Are you sure you're you?"

"I'm fine."

"Right," you whisper.

Samuel went to talk to Dean, and you found the rest of the Campbell clan in the living room just idling standing by. You pass by the window and happen to look out of it. You stop when you see three Djinn hanging out in the trees just watching you. Your eyes flash blue for a brief second, but you know they see you. They know you know they're out there just as much as you know they know you're in here.