You Can't Handle the Truth: Part Three

Pairing: Eventual Dean x Reader

Word Count: 2k

Warnings: angst, canon violence

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You pace the floor inside your motel room as Dean brings up an article about Gabriel's Horn of Truth. He got the idea that maybe this thing is what's causing everyone to spill the truth and then commit suicide, or in the dentist's case, kill his patient. If this thing truly is Gabriel's Horn of Truth, then Castile is the best person to call for this sort of thing...

...if he'd ever answer.

"Hey, are you okay? You haven't sat down since we got back," Dean says to you as he pours himself a glass of whiskey.

"Well, if Castiel would answer the fucking phone, I might calm down a little."

"Speaking of, let me try again," he sighs. "Castiel? Hello? Possible loose nuke down here with maybe an angelic weapon. Kinda your department. You hear that, Cas?"

A few minutes go by before you hear the flap of wings.

"Hello Dean and Y/N," the angel says be the kitchen sink.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" you glare angrily at him.

"We have been on red alert about Sam, and you come for some fucking horn?!"

"You asked me to be here, and I came."

"What the fuck? We've been calling you for days, Castiel!" you accuse.

"You dick!"

"I didn't come about Sam because I have nothing to offer about Sam."

"Well, that's great, because for all we know, he's just gift wrap for Lucifer," he glares and downs his glass.

"No, he's not Lucifer," the angel mutters and grabs the whiskey bottle.

You think he's going to drink it himself, but he's only bringing it to Dean for a refill.

"How do you know that?" you ask.

"If Lucifer escaped the cage, we'd feel it."

Dean looks at you, at your stomach, and then gets an idea in his head. He's going to ask Castiel about your stomach problem, and if you are truly pregnant, then you don't want him blurting it out in front of him. So, instead, you take matters into your own hands.

"And Gabriel's Horn of Truth? Is that a real thing?" you ask.

"You've seen it?" the angel asks with hinted excitement.

"We think it's in town. Something is forcing people to—"

In a flutter of wings, Castiel vanished before your very eyes. Who the hell does he think he is? He never used to be like this pre-apocalypse, so why is he now? What the hell is happening in Heaven that's causing him to be like this?

"Well, you're welcome!" you yell into the air.

Dean takes a swig of his drink when Castiel returns.

"It isn't the Horn of Truth."

"What are you talking about? You were gone for, like, two seconds. Where did you look?" Dean asks.

"Everywhere."

"Right, well nice seeing you anyway. I don't know what happened to you, man, but you used to be human. Or, at least, like one."